Don't buy a NY Hunting License

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by big_cigar, Feb 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. big_cigar

big_cigar New Member

The New York SAFE act has passed. As of now it will take the Supreme Court to change it. That could take years.
    The Counties have been fighting back by passing non binding resolutions against the SAFE act, but that is just noise, good noise but just noise.

There has been some talk about not getting hunting or fishing licenses this year.
    If successful that could cost the Governor millions. I think that could make a real statement.

Every little bit helps when we are trying to get through the Governors skull.

He did the wrong thing to all gun owners and we must all stick together.

2. Squirlnutz

Squirlnutz In the army now..

What would be the penalty of hunting or fishing with no license there?

3. big_cigar

big_cigar New Member

I don't know. I will not buy and will not hunt this year.
    Have to make a statement to Cuomo.

4. Squirlnutz

It would seem then, that your American civil liberties are in jeopardy but by your own decision or choice to not participate in hunting or fishing this year.
    Is there any local community action groups that are sympathetic to your cause?
    What about a sighted petition ( by so many residents ) that could possibly alter or reverse the SAFE act?
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with laws in NY.

5. rrawhide

rrawhide New Member

I suggest NO hunting or fishing licenses in NY. PERIOD. Let the state worry about all the game that does not get harvested. I really feel for the game however and hopefully, they will be fed by all of the gardens of the politicians. ALL of the politicians are the same anyway - really no difference these days. There is NO HOPE for NY. We will never visit again.

6. Will

Will New Member

I think this is a great idea. With all the predator species culled back by humans the ecosystem now depends on hunters to keep the prey animals in balance. A year or two of non hunting could cause damage in the millions, additional animal vs. car strikes, and an eventual increase in Predators due to overpopulation of prey animals as nature seeks to re balance.

Their only choices to end it would be to pay people to hunt the predators like they are doing in Florida with snakes, end the gun grabbing bill, or tell New York people that as nature seeks to balance out the prey with additional predators that humans in New York will be rejoining the food chain.

7. Squirlnutz

8. big_cigar

big_cigar New Member

The SAFE law is passed. Like I said now it looks like only the Courts will change it.

BUT, I think New Yorkers should inflict as much pain on the Gov and the legislature as possible. Let them know there are ramifications for their haste and stupidity. Well actually they knew what they were doing, just did not figure they would piss off so many people. Pure arrogance.