Do you wear a watch ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, May 1, 2016.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Just curious , how many of yall wear a watch.

What kind/brand/type do you wear?

I quit wearing spensive watches several years ago, cause I was always breaking/destroying them.

But, I been wearing a wristwatch for so long, that I gotta have one on.

I just get by with as cheap , but reliable one as possible.
    I might be replacing soon, so I'm interested in the ones yall might have.

I have been wearing this Timex Indiglo WR 30M with a twist o flex band, for about the last 5 yrs...and it sure is simple and served me well, for about $35 , as I recall.

Oh , btw I don't like digital readout, I cant see them very well.

Yep it lights up all blue at night.

[​IMG]

Jim

2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I wear a Armitron that I bought at Goodwill for $10. It does alarm, timer day, date, time and two types of time military or normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2016

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Although I don't wear a watch unless I am out helping the Red Cross, but use a Timex Ironman, which I wore for 2 years before I retired. I've been retired for 6 years, so the battery is now 8 years old, and still keeps perfect time without a battery change yet.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

No watch for me, bothers me to have something on my arm or even on my fingers.
    I wear my wedding ring from time to time, only to keep the ladies at bay. :cheesy: (Yeah, right).
    Sides that, my phone has a clock on it.

5. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

I have not worn a watch in over 30 years or a ring in almost 50 years. They were too dangerous with the various jobs I've had.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, Havasu..I got the original battery in that Timex, and still keeps perfect time,

I'm thinking its at least been 5 years.

The battery in my chest wifi computer is good for 11 yrs...:cool:

Jim

7. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Good topic phideaux.
    I have been collecting watches/timepieces for many year.
    Here's 3 left to right
    A beat around everyday watch, Casio Pathfinder, a MTM (Military Time Manufacturers) with case and bracelet made from titanium., and for those dress occasions a Omega Seamaster.

[​IMG]

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I wear a wristwatch - when I think of it - only when there will be no other time keepers around.

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I wear a cheapo Armitron digital watch. I have a nicer dress watch for special occasions.
    Here's the cheapo:
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1462143022.392493.jpg
    Don't have a picture of the nice one. I hardly wear it anyway.

10. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I only wear a wrist watch if I am going somewhere that I have to be aware of the time. I could use my cell phone but oh well. I wear a $25 Timex that keeps right on ticking.
    Years ago I had bought a watch from K-Mart for under $20 and it had a lifetime guarantee. I kept the box and receipt in case I needed it someday. About 5 years later I had dropped in on the concrete floor and it quit working. I took the watch with the box and receipt to K-Mart and they gave me a new watch plus $2 because the watch I picked out was less cost. The lady said people seldom have the receipt let alone the box.
    The last watch I got, his and hers Bulova set for free thanks to my Sears credit card points.

11. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

I wear a cheap Timex with hands. No digital for me. Wish I knew what happened to the Gold Bulova my parents bought me for graduation.:( I have a beautiful old fake Rolex that does not work. No one will work on it either.

12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^You need get a fake watch repairman.

13. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I'm required to have a watch at work and I hate it. I have a $39 Timex right now. It's ok I guess but having anything on my wrist or hands drives me nuts.

14. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

Pocket watch on a leash, so you don't lose it.

15. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

I wear and collect watches; only battery powered watch I own is an Apple Watch.

16. voodooridr

voodooridr Member

Been wearing the same stainless Seiko for the last 25 years, it's due for a new battery.

17. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Glad you brought this subject up. I have a cheap $20.00 Timex that I bought at Wal-mart but I have no idea of where it is now. Shows you how much I use it. Besides my cheap cell phone has a clock on it.

Tommy

18. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Timex Expedition here.
    Not terribly expensive. $39.99.
    Holds up to the ranch abuse well. Change the battery every few years. Replaced the band a few times due to abuse on my part.
    Indiglo is perfect for at night.
    WalMart, Longs and places like that carry them so it's convenient.

19. sirhc

sirhc New Member

Like voodoo I've had this watch for decades. Since grade 7 to be exact, I'm near 40 now. It was my father's but he couldn't work on machines while wearing it because it was so large his arm would get caught in tight places. It became mine for safe keeping.

My mother sent it to the factory for a refit and new crystal as a gift several years ago but that was just for looks, it's always worked.

I've had it down to 150' in the northern Atlantic and lost it more times than I can count. I always find it, once it was hiding in a moose quarter. No batteries, this one uses weights to self wind.

Attached Files:

20. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Been wearing a watch since I got one as a kid at age 6...my current one on the Right has lasted close to 16 years...replacing the one on the Left which I wore for 10 years before swapping it with the Luminox:

[​IMG]

Original LUMINOX Navy Seal (Original Price: $225)

◾Type: Analog 43 mm Case Diameter
    ◾Carbon reinforced polycarbonate case and case back
    ◾Carbon reinforced unidirectional ratcheting bezel
    ◾Tempered scratch resistant mineral crystal
    ◾Water resistant to 200 meters / 660 feet / 20 atmospheres
    ◾Signature black PU strap with stainless steel signature buckle
    ◾Luminox self-powered tritium illumination ( radioactive isotope of hydrogen )
    ◾Swiss Made

Last edited: May 2, 2016