Do you have the Ruger Blues... ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PonderosaTerritory, Oct 15, 2015.

1. I don 't have a Ruger that's blued, only stainless now. Just so much easier to clean and maintain stainless after a day of target shooting...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I agree on the keeping clean and pretty but I still love looking into a quality deep blue finish. I wonder if that's why old time cowboys wore gloves? To keep finger print smudges off their guns?

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Pondersosa,
    If you get a chance will you please take a single photo of your SA cowboy guns so we can get a good look at them? I am so intrigued with the engraved models and the leather with conchos that you have that go with them. You are a fortunate man and sometimes I dream I would like to have on of my SR1911's lightly engraved with my name on it to pass it on down to future generations, however I know that is a pipe dream. Regardless I have a high esteem for yours. Thank you!!
    Tommy

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

The Lone Ranger always wore gloves along with his mask. Roy Rogers would go fight the bad guys and come home and tell Dale to clean his guns for the next gunfight. And Hoppy always had a hundred rounds in his pistols cuz you never seen him do any reloading. Another thing, when you are fighting fist to fist, how the hell do you keep your cowboy hat on all the time???:duck:

Tommy

5. Buster-The only problem with those dang leather cowboy gloves is that my trigger finger always seemed to get stuck in that dang trigger guard and was always fumbling around in the dirt too trying to find the six I dropped trying to reload 'em in the gate... :D

Tommy-Sure wish I had a Dale around now to clean my six shooter, brush off my cowboy hat, and polish my boots after a day of root'n toot'n target shoot'n... Then when she's got 'em all done she could than make a good meal. Now that y'all would make my day. :D

Speaking of six, I'd bet y'all in today's times that good ol' Roy would be pack'n a pair of stainless Ruger Vaqueros now instead of those other nickel'd five shooters by those other guys... ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015