Did Ruger ever sell brand labeled ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by TINCANBANDIT, Oct 5, 2020.

1. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

Has Ruger ever had ammunition labeled with their name? If so anyone have any empty cases for sale?

2. 0311

0311 Member

Polycase made the line of Ruger ARX ammo a few years ago around the same time RIP ammo came out and everyone felt the need to make the "ultimate self defense" ammo.

I believe it was discontinued a few years ago, but you can still find it online.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Lord knows they should. SIG is making a pretty penny off their stuff, and Ruger certainly is big enough to "get into the game".

4. 0311

0311 Member

Unfortunately, the ARX ammo was garbage. Sig personal protection ammo isn't that great either. Sig does have a good marketing department though.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  5. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

I do not know if ruger had ammo with ruger on the case headstamp .I know there was an ARX Ruger ammo not made by ruger themselves but a company known as poly case.case. Inceptor (formally PolyCase) Ammunition was founded on the idea of incorporating polymers into the components of ammunition. As their name suggests, their flagship product is polymer-cased ammo that weights significantly less than brass or nickel-cased rounds. PolyCase's currently available Inceptor line includes their self-defense ARX round, Firefly Tracer round and a standard Round Nose Point. All of PolyCase's projectiles are injection molded from a copper-polymer mix and are lighter than comparable lead rounds. Currently, PolyCase only produces pistol caliber ammo (.38 Special, ,380 Auto, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, etc.) but rifle ammo is coming soon.

6. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Getting BACK to the original question, I believe there was a small run of .22 rimfire ammunition made for Ruger. It sold out very quickly though.