Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided I was going to take my revolve apart. So I took out all the bolts,screws, and etc. problem is the thing kinda fell apart in my hands and since I didn't see how it come apart, I didn't know how it to put it back together. Well, I figured everything out except for where this little tiny spring was to go. So I said to myself, "I'll read the manual and see if it can enlighten me. It sure did! Under assembly/ disassembly it said do not attempt further disassembly. Seek the services of a qualified gunsmith. Lesson: always read directions. But found a guy who might be able to solve my problem.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Sir, you have described a nightmare. I bought a spring set for my Smith Model 10. I have detailed, well illustrated disassembly instructions, and followed them to replace the mainspring without a problem. The other two new springs are still in their envelopes. Detailed instructions were not sufficiently confidence building for this decrepit geezer.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
That's called the darn it spring. When it flies out you say darn it where did that go.

The company includes the gun manual for a reason and when they say don't go any farther disassembly that is for a reason also.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully, I disassembled it on my bed and found the spring. Well actually I didn't realize there even was another spring, but i glanced down an I'm like "what's this!" .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sometimes diassembly and reassembly of a Firearm beyond field strip can be problems for an experienced gunsmith, but as long as you learned something your better than you were yesterday.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hehehe. Yeah, revolvers can be tricky to disassemble. That's one thing I like about my service six, it's designed to be taken apart easily.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1506845518.767524.jpg

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1506845552.061332.jpg

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts