Did I read the directions?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by conservative, Sep 30, 2017.

1. conservative

conservative New Member

So I decided I was going to take my revolve apart. So I took out all the bolts,screws, and etc. problem is the thing kinda fell apart in my hands and since I didn't see how it come apart, I didn't know how it to put it back together. Well, I figured everything out except for where this little tiny spring was to go. So I said to myself, "I'll read the manual and see if it can enlighten me. It sure did! Under assembly/ disassembly it said do not attempt further disassembly. Seek the services of a qualified gunsmith. Lesson: always read directions. But found a guy who might be able to solve my problem.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Sir, you have described a nightmare. I bought a spring set for my Smith Model 10. I have detailed, well illustrated disassembly instructions, and followed them to replace the mainspring without a problem. The other two new springs are still in their envelopes. Detailed instructions were not sufficiently confidence building for this decrepit geezer.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That's called the darn it spring. When it flies out you say darn it where did that go.

The company includes the gun manual for a reason and when they say don't go any farther disassembly that is for a reason also.

4. conservative

conservative New Member

Thankfully, I disassembled it on my bed and found the spring. Well actually I didn't realize there even was another spring, but i glanced down an I'm like "what's this!" .

5. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Sometimes diassembly and reassembly of a Firearm beyond field strip can be problems for an experienced gunsmith, but as long as you learned something your better than you were yesterday.

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Hehehe. Yeah, revolvers can be tricky to disassemble. That's one thing I like about my service six, it's designed to be taken apart easily.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1506845518.767524.jpg

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1506845552.061332.jpg

7. conservative

conservative New Member

So I called cs yesterday and am sending it to them .