Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the pawn shop today and purchased a Ruger Mark II target pistol with a leupold M8-2X EXTENDED E.R. scope for 600 dollars. The pistol is in good condition and they had it marked as a Mark III target pistol. I assumed it was and didn't actually look at the markings on the gun until I got home. I just wanted to know if this is around the price range I should have paid for a Mark II target pistol with this scope set up.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
It might be a high price, depends on a few variations.

Is it a stainless or blued model of MKII?

Bull or slab barrel?

Does the scope have a gold ring?

What brand of scope rings?

Any trigger or action upgrades you know of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the stainless model with a bull barrel. The scope does have a gold ring and I don't know what brand the scope rings are. And I don't know if their is any upgrades but the trigger does feel extremely smooth.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'd say you did fine. Congrats on the new ruger

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anytime you get something you want, at a price you're willing to pay for it, you got a good deal.

Enjoy it.

Reactions: Oldmick

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
MKII target in stainless run $400-$450 on Gunbroker used. The scope runs about $200 used.

You paid a reasonable price, and got a firearm you like, you did good.

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
As the owner of two Mark III's, I believe the Mark II was a superior design. I would say you paid top dollar for a good pistol/scope, but the shop owner misrepresented the sale. If you had bought a car marketed as a 2012 model, only to find out later it was a 2011, I'll bet you'd be beating a path to the dealer's doorstep. As a matter of principle, I'd confront the seller about this pistol transaction. He owes you something back in my opinion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You did buy it so it couldn't have been that bad in your opinion - you went through with it after all. ;) More than I'd have spent but that's me. The scope...looking at auctions, is going for $160-200 used so that puts the gun at $400...about $100 to high. Bottom line is if YOU are happy with it though. Worrying about if you overspent, got a bad deal, or even a poor choice in the gun itself is all kinda moot after the fact. Shoot it and enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will chime in ,
I own more than 1 ruger MK II and most people ( including myself ) feel the MK II is higher quality and better trigger
A longer bull barrel is a target version - what does it say on the Side of the barrel ?

A gold ring around a variable power scope may indicate its a Leopold - if it is you did very well as a MK 2 + nice scope

Please join the NRA ,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I would really like to see some pics of it as I have never seen a stainless MKll.
I have a MKll and it even makes me look like a good shooter.
Sounds like you got a very good top notch gun and scope to match. The more you shoot it you will think you got a great gun deal. The scope could make for quicker sighting than the irons and probably be even more accurate than it already is. You are going to love that gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts