Diagnosis: Glockophilia, terminal case

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Got both of these Saturday at the gunshow. It was a better show than last time. Lotta people. Maybe they all got their income tax checks. Also helped that there was a rodeo in the arena next to us.

I was kinda broke on Sat urday when I got there. I spent half my & on ammo. Finally got rid of my last plastic Taurus auto pistol in a large caliber and a fixer upper gun. That gave me enough to go ;hang: by the front door and get stuff coming in before the other vultures did. I was kinda toone side and all we were checking was overpriced safe queens & clunkers that no one wanted.

Got to check out some AR lowers up front in the 2 to 240 range assembled. Complet guns for 539. Still watching the door, I saw a guy with a Ruger precision rifle come in. He also had a Glock box. Rifle was not for sale, only the Glock 22 in .40 cal & one mag, 450 cash. He needed money to get stuff for the new rifle. Lowballed him at 350. He perked up and said 375. At that point, I took him to my table to get away from the gun vutures that were listening and gathering quickly. Didn't want to get into a bidding war over the gun. Checked it out good with my buddy. Went up to 360 on my offer and he went for it. Got a generic pic of a G22. Sorry camera busted.

[​IMG]

Thought I was done with Glocks for the weekend. I was not looking for them, but they kept turning up. I wouldhave liked one in .45 cal. Looked at otrhers that were too high. Saw a guy with a Ruger Bearcat, 60s vintage for 350 and a .45 convertible BlackHk for 5. The Bearcat was kinda fugly for the price. Theother gun LNIB.Offered 6 for both. He would not go below 7. Went back to my table to munch out cause it was an hour to closing time.

Guy walked by my table with a Glock box. Almost let him go by, but I had to look. He said a gen 4, G 27 with 2 mags LNIB for 350. I had to ask again cause I was not sure I heard right? He said 350. Well, .40 or not it was a good buy. I quickly offered 3 with nothing to lose. The gun vultures next to me were already looking over my shoulder. He went for 3. I could really live with that. SNAGGED IT!!!!!

Again a generic pic. The gun I got is a gen 4 G 27 with mags, cleaning tools, box. The G22 was likenew also, but only 1 mag and a box. I already have a G 23 in .40 cal and a G 17 in 9 mil. Still want the .45.

[​IMG]

Now, do all these Glocks make me a Glock Fanboy, Glock Maniac, Glockaholic, Glock Hound, etc. I really never liked the Glocks,mostly cuause they were so expensive. Now there are so many I can afford a few. I will not pass one up at these prices. I have more Ruers than anything else. Does that make me a Rugerholic? Nah, I'm just running outta things I can afford to collect.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Very nice additions! I'm jealous.
    Nothing wrong with Glocks. We own quite a few. I'm starting to think if you feed them after midnight they multiply. ;)
    Thanks for sharing! Very cool additions!

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Yep you snagged a couple good deals there. The G27 was my first and only Glock and it was the first gun I ever sold. Nope I am not a Glock fan club member. You did get them at a price you can make money from.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Wow...Remind me not to try to haggle with you! I'd come out on the short end for sure.

5. Pancho_Villa

Muy bueno compadres!!!! Thanks for the replies. Got a few more gunshows coming this month and next. Hope to have a few more tales of the gun trader to bore ya with.

6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Not a bore! Exciting!!! Share away! :D

7. Pancho_Villa

I had my trading buddy come by to look at my gunshow loot. Told him the G22 would most likely be available for the riht trade. He said his daughter was wanting a S&W M&P .40. He didn't want to pay for a new one. He quickly tried to push off the Remmy 700 beater in .25-06 on me. I had taken the ghn to the show for him with some others. Most people ommented that it was too fugly for what he wanted, 6 bills. He left the stock dull with just oil foingish and polished the rust on the barrel with steel wool and cold blued it without getting all the rust off. I alreday redid the stock and it looks nice. I will be doiging the barrel this week. It's a maybe deal, cuase the gun is mechanically like new. It had been left in the trunk of a car for some time. . Still he has some beter guns Ihave been trying to get outta him. A S&W model 19 in .357, a Ruger BlKHk .45 convertible, and a nice mid 60s vintage Ruger .44 mag carbine. He already said no to the handguns. I doubt he will swap the .44 carbine either. I might try to get back my old brownng A-Bolt .25-06. he got it from me in a swap for a Mini 14 some years back. Or even a Remmy 700 BDL .270 I swapped him a few months back for 3 of his guns. I have one, but it is much nicer than the 700 he wants me to tke for the G22.

I got a week and a hlf to gugwid him. I'll be working on the Remmy BDL in .25-06 to see if I can get the metal nice again. the stock is nice now, but I had been working on sme of mine. And I got a beater Marlin .22 mag outta him for cleaning up the 7000 and doing a repair on a Winchester 94 that constantly clocked up the action. The metal on the .22 mag is nice, but the stock is not. He stripped it and linseed oiled it. It is fugly. It has nice old walnut that needs TLC. I put a Bushnell 3X9x40 on it Tuesday and sighted it in at 50 yards. O.K. for now till I can get the stock looking nice again.

I'll probably be working on the barrel of the 700 Wed. and hopefully rezero it by Friday as we took off a Redfield scope and replaced it with a cheaper Simmons. I had him lower the price to 475 and that is still highunless I get the barrel looking right.

8. Pancho_Villa

Got 2 weekends of gunshows at the end of the month. Hopefully I will ahve some more stories to bore ya with.