Decisions and opinions please!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by captnkidd, Jan 12, 2014.

1. captnkidd

captnkidd New Member

Have a lead on a new in box Saiga 5.45x39 unconverted, ten 10 round magazines and 2160 rounds of Russian surplus ammo. Guy wants $1250. Seems a bit high to me but he is saying that is what he paid and just wants to break even. Gun looks pristine and would be a nice compliment to my collection especially if the NYS unSAFE act ever gets repealed and I can convert it to a true AK74. The question I have is does that seem like a reasonable price in today's market? For the same money I could pick up the Remington 700 sps tactical in .308 AND a Mossberg MVP predator in .223 both of which I have been eyeing at my LGS can get the Remington for $699 and the MVP for $549. I'm obviously in the mood to buy something new and don't know what to do. HELP!!!! Lol

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

The LGS has one for $825. Wolf and TulAmmo steel case 5.45x39mm ammo is selling for around $200 for 1000 rounds.

Sounds like he is asking too much for a used gun imo.

3. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

OP said it was new in box, and a little over 2000 rounds, plus 10 mags. So if the LGS near you has them at 825, ammo at the rate you stated would be 400. Not even considering tax that leaves $25 for 10 mags or $2.50 a piece.

If it is truly new in box then the price sounds about right based on the info you have for prices. Especially if it is SAFE act compliant.