Ruger Talk Forums banner

Daylight saving time bump

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  buster40c 
#1 ·
Remember this Sunday is time to change your clocks if your state uses daylight savings time.

What I hate most about daylight savings time is having to stay up till 2 a.m. to change my clock forward one hour. I mean really whose idea was it to make the change when we should be asleep?
I just can't wait to hear what VT will have to say about it.

#4 ·
I did it at around nine because I knew I'd probably forget in the morning and be late all day long. I guess I could wait and do it at 2:00 but really.........

#6 ·
I stayed up 'til about midnight, but not to plays with my clocks. Setting them ahead would have forced me to get up earlier; I have a rule that says I can't still be abed at 10AM unless I am sick or dead.

#8 ·
We don't play that silly game here in AZ. And the world didn't stop either.
There used to be (not any more - we blamed the flatlanders) a lot of 6-10 cow farms scattered in the hills around the towns. The farmers would work a shift for wages in a woolen mill or some such, and tend the farm too. They pointed out twice a year that the cows didn't set their clock back or ahead, they expected to be milked at a time of day, not a time of clock. The 'day job' did change its clock though. The farmers and the cows muttered some.

#9 ·
Daylight savings time is strickly nuts! If you think I am going to get up at 2 am to change a clock, you had better think again. We keep our time the same year around. Only time I get up at 2 am is to go to the bathroom and I wake up at 1am and think about for awhile before I finally drag my butt outta bed and do it.

Tommy from Az

#10 ·
Daylight savings time is strickly nuts! If you think I am going to get up at 2 am to change a clock, you had better think again. We keep our time the same year around. Only time I get up at 2 am is to go to the bathroom and I wake up at 1am and think about for awhile before I finally drag my butt outta bed and do it.

Tommy from Az
Hey, I do that too. Doze for awhile with the bladder complaining before accepting the fact that I ain't going back to sleep until I do the deed.

#12 ·
Take some Saw Palmetto before going to bed and you could end up sleeping all night. I have yet to hear anyone say it didn't help them. Also quit drinking a couple hours before going to bed might help.

#13 ·
Take some Saw Palmetto before going to bed and you could end up sleeping all night. I have yet to hear anyone say it didn't help them. Also quit drinking a couple hours before going to bed might help.
Aside from the fact that I don't like to quit drinking, medics say to drink a glass or two of water at bedtime - to reduce the chance of a nocturnal heart attack. Saw palmetto is regarded as a prostate soother; my prostate got its last soothe in the year 2000.

[I read somewhere a while back that in ~60% of nocturnal heart attacks/strokes the sleeper doesn't wake up. Not sure what was meant by that.]

And... have a great day. :cool:

#14 ·
It means at night while asleep people have heart attacks and they don't wake up on this side of the veil again.
I also read that more heart attacks happen while the person is on the commode because people mistake the pressure or pain as having to have a BM. Elvis Pressley supposedly died of a heart attack on the commode. I doubt if he flushed the toilet when he was done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.