Daylight saving time bump

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Mar 12, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Remember this Sunday is time to change your clocks if your state uses daylight savings time.

What I hate most about daylight savings time is having to stay up till 2 a.m. to change my clock forward one hour. I mean really whose idea was it to make the change when we should be asleep?
    I just can't wait to hear what VT will have to say about it.

2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

It's the rule and we gotta go by the rules. They said 2:00 AM so 2:00 AM it is!
    Society will break down if we don't go by the rules........
    :spot:

3. buster40c

Don't tell anybody but it was 1:25 when I bumped it forward an hour. I was tired so I cheated by half an hour. I am a bad-bad boy.

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I did it at around nine because I knew I'd probably forget in the morning and be late all day long. I guess I could wait and do it at 2:00 but really.........

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Its so easy....

Set the alarm for 1am , then........

Let the wife get up and move it to 2am.. huh...

:duck:

Jim

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I stayed up 'til about midnight, but not to plays with my clocks. Setting them ahead would have forced me to get up earlier; I have a rule that says I can't still be abed at 10AM unless I am sick or dead.

7. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

We don't play that silly game here in AZ. And the world didn't stop either.

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There used to be (not any more - we blamed the flatlanders) a lot of 6-10 cow farms scattered in the hills around the towns. The farmers would work a shift for wages in a woolen mill or some such, and tend the farm too. They pointed out twice a year that the cows didn't set their clock back or ahead, they expected to be milked at a time of day, not a time of clock. The 'day job' did change its clock though. The farmers and the cows muttered some.

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Daylight savings time is strickly nuts! If you think I am going to get up at 2 am to change a clock, you had better think again. We keep our time the same year around. Only time I get up at 2 am is to go to the bathroom and I wake up at 1am and think about for awhile before I finally drag my butt outta bed and do it.

Tommy from Az

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hey, I do that too. Doze for awhile with the bladder complaining before accepting the fact that I ain't going back to sleep until I do the deed.

11. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

We all must have different mothers together, went to different schools together....

Cause I'm the same way...:rolleyes:

Jim

12. buster40c

Take some Saw Palmetto before going to bed and you could end up sleeping all night. I have yet to hear anyone say it didn't help them. Also quit drinking a couple hours before going to bed might help.

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Aside from the fact that I don't like to quit drinking, medics say to drink a glass or two of water at bedtime - to reduce the chance of a nocturnal heart attack. Saw palmetto is regarded as a prostate soother; my prostate got its last soothe in the year 2000.

[I read somewhere a while back that in ~60% of nocturnal heart attacks/strokes the sleeper doesn't wake up. Not sure what was meant by that.]

And... have a great day. :cool:

14. buster40c

It means at night while asleep people have heart attacks and they don't wake up on this side of the veil again.
    I also read that more heart attacks happen while the person is on the commode because people mistake the pressure or pain as having to have a BM. Elvis Pressley supposedly died of a heart attack on the commode. I doubt if he flushed the toilet when he was done.