Day at the range - it weren't purty!!!

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Tommycourt, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Today, as in every Sunday I head to our indoor range. I took both of my 1911's, full size and Commander. Ray Charles could have shot better than I did today. Shooting @25 feet, I had spreads of 6-7" and kept shooting low. My grip was good and I had to adjust my stance, however making sure I squeezed the trigger, my pattern was not good. First of all I used my Commander and then fired about 20 rounds through my full size and I was dead on. Went back to the Commander and was shooting low again. The circle that is orange is 2 3/4" in diameter and I was almost 5" at times below it. The grouping was good but being off target baffled me. I used 100 rounds of Remington 230gr round nose and 55 rounds of my reloads. Finally I quit as I was wasting ammo. Possibly I was trying to shoot too fast and got out of my rhythm. Normally I shoot 3 rounds and then reload another mag. Today I was shooting 5 in a volley. Have any of you other people had days like this and what did you do to correct it? I admit I am more conscious of accuracy than I am of speed. Anyway, sure nothing to brag about. Think I am going to put my head in a paper sack the next time I go so no one will recognize me.:cryinglaugh:
    Tommy

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I consider myself a pretty good shot, not pro, I USUALLY can hit POA ,

Im bettin that most guys will agree though, that there are days , and I cant explain it, that I cant shoot worth a crap.

Ive learned , when Im having a day like that, to just cut my losses, and head to the house.Next time out I cant miss.;):)

Jim

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yep, doesn't seem to take much to mess up the looks of my target when I'm shooting a handgun at 25 yards. Could even be the state of my colon. The state of my colon has gotten to be on my mind some the last decade or so. :eek:

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

VT,
    I think you have helped me clear up my problem. I think my head is IN my colon and has blurred my vision!!!!!! I have pondered on this all night. How one day you can go down and smack those targets right in the middle and then the next time, you can hit the side of the barn. I tried changing my stance, my grip, positions and nothing seemed to work. Got out my full size and hit the target dead center with the same grip I normally use. Shooting low on all shots. Group was good but not where I wanted it.
    Tommy