Darwin Would Be Proud

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrDenby, Nov 3, 2016.

1. DrDenby

DrDenby New Member

I am sure you have heard of the "Darwin Awards" .

It is crediting people for idiotic things done in the advancement of "chorinating the gene pool"

Yesterday, I felt I needed to do my part.

After juist putting on a bi-daily (or so it seems, I should buy it by the case!) application of IcyHot (well, actually Walmart generic) I took a very important phone call that I was expecting.

Well, maybe 3 minutes into the call, I decided to scratch my nuts :eek::eek:

There are not enough words to describe the agony!!

Sooooo, what is the decrepitudest thing you have done that you can remember?

Doc

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I take it you ended the call as quick as possible. LOL I am guessing it didn't feel to icy cold either.
    I now wear latex gloves when removing the seeds from really hot peppers. Just touching the seeds with bare fingers has led to burning sensations even an hour later to whatever my fingers touched. This even happened after washing my hands.

I was laying in bed naked with the GF and she handed me a glass of water with ice cubes in it. I was holding the glass up and I fell asleep. I assure you I will never do that again.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Haha! Back when I was in high school, we would make all of the freshman put icey hot on their nuts on the bus ride to sports events. As for the most discrepituded thing I've done in a while, I'm not sure, I'll have to leave room for VT and Tommy to share their examples of discrepitudness

4. buster40c

Yeah I see now how you got the name SavageGuy.
    Yep VT and Tommy should be good ones.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Doc, you aren't improving the gene pool unless your screwup is terminal. At my age, the gene pool is safe anyway.

6. buster40c

^^^ Cop out......he wasn't always an old smell in the wind.

7. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Never pee right after handling hot peppers...just sayin'...Buster knows what he's talking about.

8. buster40c

LOL with me it was rubbing my eye.

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

Are you SURE it was your eye you were rubbing? At our age things can get confusing especially when it was in the dark. Maybe you were rubbing something else first and then went to your eyes to stop the tears. Just saying it all.

Tommy

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Okay, I will give you ONE and only ONE of my decrepit stories. When I was a young man,(not at the Cubs world series) I used to drink a lot of vodka martini's. I got home early one evening, about 10 pm and God knows I had enough to drink, in fact way, way too much. My wife hollered at me "drunk again?". I said yeah, me too. She didn't think that was funny. Anyway she stayed up and was reading while I headed to bed. I woke up sometime later and she was still up. I came out of the bedroom and headed straight to the bathroom, or so I thought. She saw me walk passed the bathroom door and into the kitchen. I opened the door and started to pee. She slapped me across the head so hard that I about fell on the floor. I asked her what the hell was wrong now? I lifted to top of the stool! She hollered "you dumb Azz". I had opened the door and lifted the lid however it wasn't the lid- it was the drawer to the vegetable drawer in the refrigerator. The next day I had a whole box of Comet and Mr. Clean scrubbing the refrigerator. It took 6 months to live that down and after that I always make sure I am in the right room when I potty. NOT GOOD!!!

Tommy

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  11. buster40c

I somehow knew Tommy would have a good story to tell.

12. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I never peed in the fridge but...

During college I came home waaaaaasted one night, went to the bathroom to pee. When I was done I couldn't find the handle to flush! I remember thinking, oh well I will flush in the morning when I'm sober and I can see straight. Morning came, I forgot all about it, and I went to the kitchen for a glass of water, and...you guessed it, the trash can was full. I was still so drunk that instead of dumping it down the toilet (where it should have been in the first place) I carried it all the way down the hallway of our apartment building and dumped it in the grass. Of course my neighbor saw me and came over to say hi. It ended up being a very short conversation when he saw (and smelled) what was in my trash can. I never did live that one down.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016