Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Senior Citizen Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my local gun store this week and saw a used 1983 10/22 on the rack. The wood was scratched a bit but the blueing was very good. Well I pondered the decision for a few (seconds). The price was right, and I have several near-new stocks hanging around ... soooo I bought it. Now I have SEVEN 10/22's in different configurations.

Any help for my addiction would be helpful. :D

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Way to go Gunny,

7 is a perfect number.

Forget about gittin help, we're all addicts also, GUNS.

Congrats on another . BTW, proof is in the pics...;)

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats.....a different 10/22 for each day of the week...:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw a takedown with camo stock and blued barrel in a LGS this morning. My own addiction was crying out for a fix but I maintained.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Now I have SEVEN 10/22's in different configurations. Any help for my addiction would be helpful.
There's 15 here currently completed, 3 in progress, 2 more planned and at least 3 more ideas in the project book. I'm NOT the one to help. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure which addiction outweighs the other ... my 10/22's or my 22/45 lite's ... LOL ... but then again there's my XDm's but that's a whole nuther forum ... ;-)

·
Texan by Birth • Grace
111 Posts
Ok, my count was off ... :eek: Ten including the Take-down!:metal2:
I want to thank you for this thread. I need something to help me keep from starting another addiction.

I have purchased a few guns in the last couple of years. Double digits but no real pattern. Seeing what you have started here will maybe (ha) keep me from doing the same thing.

I have lived through this purchase and mod addiction with my bikes. I know once I started with that there seemed to be no end to throwing $$$$$$ into the bottomless pit of add on after add on with 3 bikes.

I had a guy who had both addictions warn me off of starting with guns when I was first getting my feet wet. He told me "this gun thing makes motorcycle buying and modding look like a pikers hobby". I should have listened.

That is a really nice looking collection. You should be proud....

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I can attest to the addiction being costly, as in the last year or so, I decided to match every hand gun with a long gun in the same caliber.

Yep, I have almost finished that quest, and it has drained the wallet.

But thats what happens to a gun nut.:)

Jim

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hmmm:
10/22
1) SS Take Down
2) SS U.S. Shooting Team
3) Blued Tactical
4) Polished with green laminate stock
5) Flat gray SS
6) Charger w/Archangle

Mark series
1) MkII SS Bull barrel
2) MkII Bill Ruger commemorative
3) MkII 50th Annv
4) MkII One of the last 2,000
5) MkIII Black fluted 22/45
6) MkIII 22/45 Holy Lite
Favorite is the 22/45 Holy Lite
Do I have an addiction, not yet!

I can't wait until my Suspressor get cleared

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two 10/22's and a new 22/45 Lite. Ruger is becoming an addiction for me as well. Good thing is, Ruger 22's are a bit more affordable than some other gun addictions!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts