1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Looking good. Dan Wesson revolvers have their own distinct look and were known for accuracy. I would like to see a pic taken of the gun while outside in natural light. I bet it looks even better.

I passed on buying a Dam Wesson like yours at a pawn shop for $350. It was one I wish I had bought.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Very nice work on a nice old gun. Are ya going to do a range report?

Man, I thought I was the only one that had one of those. I got it in a swap with the box, original grips, and a brochure that says, "the most accuate handgun int he world." This is the best one I have had, so I kept it. The other 2 I owned were 6 inchers with the adjusable sights and vent ribs. Those were pretty beat up like they were fired with alot of hot loads.

I found the Hoque grips at a gunshow still in the wrap a few years ago. Finally put them on a few months ago cause I worked up a nice "warm" load for my Ruger BlkHk. However the Ruger did not like it much. The Hogue grips were great for the new load to hlp tame recoil and the load was accurate in the gun like everything else I have fired outta it. The Ruger would handle it pretty easy, but this gun might shoot loose with alot of it. I will probably be shooting "warm" .38 spls mostly. It cuts a ragged hole with wad-cutter .38s at 25 yards off a bench rest. I wish I could see better to shoot it further. The gun practically shoots itself.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
You push on that button/lever in front of the cylinder and then the cylinder comes out like any other revolver.
Whenever you see that lever in front of the cylinder you can bet it is an Dan Wesson. Some models of this gun were available as a kit that had three barrel lengths you could change out. They are hard to come by and I have not even seen one yet in person. Maybe on GB there might occasionally be one for sale but very seldom with the whole kit complete.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUBuBIQe98[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Wow, great stuff, Buster. I remember reading about the Dan Wessons, but have never seen one in the 'flesh'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts