Dallas eulogy

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by Tommycourt, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I hope I am putting this on the right thread however, Havasu, if not, then feel free to move or delete. You are one of the bosses and I respect you and all the other moderators that we have.

I thought President Bush made a very good speech, direct and to the point and dedicated to the fallen. The first part of Lame Brain's speech,(and I hate to admit it) was good until he went off into the intangibles again. Bringing politics into a funeral, in my pea size brain should have not been done. Talking about segregation and Jim Crow did not belong there.

The other day we played some songs and to my delight Buster graciously played a song that meant a lot to me. As I was trying to think back to
    the 1960's there was a song that was released and then banned by the Federal Government. It was called "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire. One of the phrases was take a look at Selma, Alabama . You can leave for 4 days in space and when you return it's the same old place. And he ends the song by singing "Don't you believe we are on the eve of destruction?". I have to relate this song to Lame Brain's speech today. This is a new millennium, not back in the 60's although it's hard to believe. He talks about a corrupt government and the hate that was going on. Things have not changed since 1965-they have gotten worse. And with Lame Brain as our POTUS, he has escalated the divisiveness in this wonderful country.

If you get a chance listen to the song-it will really open your eyes and make you think.

Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire. There are 4 different versions so try a couple of them anyway.

Tommy

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

On conservative radio I heard a few sound bites, couldn't believe my ears.
    Going over to YouTube to try and find it.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Dubya didn't have an ulterior motive for being on the platform; he is no longer a politician. So he stayed on topic. The Prez 'has issues', and apparently believes that he can use poison as an antidote for another poison. That almost never works. It sure as hell isn't working here.

4. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Yeah, I watched the memorial yesterday. All was well until the POTUS praised the guys that were shot by police in the last week. Why in hell would anyone praise a 14 time convict and parolee, who was packing a gun while trying to sell illegally reproduced CD's?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjk0kcArclw[/ame]

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Geeze that song is so fitting now like never before. Yep close your eyes but it will not change what is going on. What a shame.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Havasu,

Thanks so much for putting that song on the thread. When you look and listen, there ain't much has changed since that song was written. It's too much for me to fathom that in the last 50 years we have actually transcended back into a time when things seemed so much simpler and easier. Yet as you listen to the song, we actually haven't. We are just more aware of things than we used to be and I attribute that to the media and the double standards that existed back then and now.
    Thanks again,

Tommy

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

"Why in hell would anyone praise a 14 time convict and parolee, who was packing a gun while trying to sell illegally reproduced CD's?"

There's nothing new about that except this time it was at the MEMORIAL FOR FALLEN OFFICERS.
    Something is showing there Perz, And it ain't good.

8. Bullitt69

Bullitt69 New Member

That was banned because the .gov saw it as a anti- vietnam protest song. Basically anti-government. Great song