D Day...June 6th, 1944

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Jun 6, 2016.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Never forget the sacrifices laid down by the greatest generation on the beaches of Normandy, France and beyond on June 6th, 1944...so that the world may live free of tyranny.

[​IMG]

"Courage does not mean you're not scared...it means you go into harms way anyway..."

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

It's such a shame that these vets are dying at a rate of 500-1000 per day. As you look at this photo, you have to wonder how many were UNDER the age of 21. How many made it to shore and how many didn't. I look upon the generation now, and many of them have no idea of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam, nor do they really care. I had a chance to see the Viet Nam wall (traveling version) and saw names of some of my buddies but would like to visit the WWII monument. Why did it take so long to build it? I really don't think that the young people today realize how much sacrifice was given so they can go out and have their Wall Street rally, or the BLM movement and all the other things that men and women died for. Many just care for what the government OWES them (really meaning us) and how much more they expect. The one thing that should be taught in schools is : Freedom is NOT free!"

Tommy

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Tommy...ya know we are a dying breed ....not to be replaced.

Sad.

I'm just thankful for the men that are serving today.

What next?

Jim