Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, had a family member who found my .30 carbine Blackhawk load and tried to unload it. Got the job done but he did much more than that, got the cylinder out too. Problem is that now some how the loading gate cylinder pin catch is frozen and with the cylinder pin rotated 180 degrees away from it's intended position! Nothing can move and it's even looking like the cylinder pin is a little bent. Have tired to softly get the job done but it is a really great looking gun and don't want to scare it up. Does it need a gun doctor or just a knowing nurse to get it up and running? Thanks.

· Registered
273 Posts
the loading gate cylinder pin catch is frozen and with the cylinder pin rotated 180 degrees away from it's intended position!
Can you clarify this? The cylinder latch is stuck in the locked position and when you open the loading gate the latch does not unlock, and you have the base pin in backward? Some pictures would help.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you clarify this? The cylinder latch is stuck in the locked position and when you open the loading gate the latch does not unlock, and you have the base pin in backward? Some pictures would help.
Took it to my local gun store, no gunsmith but the kind man went into the back room and got it out and workable. It was in a reverse jammed position with the rounded three quarter part of it against the barrel. Thanks for taking time to respond to my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts