customers feel safe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Feb 13, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I read an article that stated Panera bread stores are going anti-gun nationwide so their customers can feel safe and have a place to catch a breath. I seems the company is more referring to people open carrying the way the article reads.
    This got me to thinking would the average person become as fearful when seeing someone come into a store open carrying that is holstered as compared to a person coming into a store with a gun drawn? I really doubt a bad guy would bother to buy or use a holster for open carrying his gun to rob someone or a store. I guess all things are possible but I seriously doubt the latter.
    If I saw a person in a store open carrying then I am sure I would have my eye on him doing a scan of his actions. Once I thought he posed no threat then I wouldn't care. But that's me and not your average gun scared citizen thanks to news media and our politicians.
    I wonder what you all think and how you would react to seeing an armed citizen in a store.?
    I know one thing I fear more than open carry is being in a business that posts it is a gun free zone.
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/po...out-all-of-its-locations-thats-angering-many/

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I refuse to eat or shop in any place that advertises that it is a gun free zone...

That's just an invite to get shot IMHO.

Jim

3. buster40c

^^^^^^^^ I agree 100%

4. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

5. buster40c

I have to ask how the company going to a gun free zone or no open carry would in any way have saved the lives of the two officers? Perhaps if there had been an armed citizen in the restaurant then perhaps the officers would be alive today. Of course we don't know that but the company making the company properties gun free will darn straight not help in any future armed robberies. IMO just ignorant thinking since the customers being without guns in this robbery didn't in any way keep the customers safe. Total shallow thinking IMO.
    It's a darn shame two men that devoted their lives to protect other lives have lost their own lives. Prayers to the family, friends, and LEOs affected by this nightmare.