Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace the beautiful rose wood grips on his/her SR1911 with anything else? I am loving the looks of some of the grips that shopruger.com has to offer. I love the checkered wings and ivory, but I worry about the ivory feeling like junk plastic/ being slippery in my hand.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but is the 1911 model pretty much standard? In other words, if I find a "custom 1911" grip somewhere like wickedgrips.com, will they fit my SR1911?

Thanks for any help/ comments.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Yeah these are the Ruger Silverblack Dymondwood Grips and the Ruger Houge Rubber Grips. I love the wood grips better than the rubber, the rubber grips tend to get slick after shooting awhile......and yeah any grips for 1911 will work, there are hundreds out there...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look sweet. Thanks for the help. Any other people out there? The fact that ANY of those grips will work means I'm definitely spending more money haha.

·
Registered
907 Posts

Ruger Eagle Grips (dark)

Ruger Eagle Grips (light)

Ruger TALO grips

Raasco Dymondwood Timberland Laminate with mag release thumb cut

Any full size 1911 grips made for a non-ambi thumb safety will work. There are some great ones out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are pretty sweet, Blaze. How tough is it to replace them? Do I need to buy some kind of kit? I was planning on having a gunsmith do it, but if it's not too hard/doesn't require specialized tools then I'll do it myself.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Super easy to change out grips.....all you need is a 3/32 hex keys (allen) wrench.....

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
There the easiest thing to do. Just a hex key and ur on your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
The Young Gun
3,173 Posts

Ruger Eagle Grips (dark)

Ruger TALO grips

Any full size 1911 grips made for a non-ambi thumb safety will work. There are some great ones out there.
Oh man I'm loving those dark eagle grips! They just jumped on my list of things to buy

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts

Ruger Eagle Grips (dark)

Ruger TALO grips

EZ where did u find the dark eagle grips at

1 - 20 of 26 Posts