Create jobs and business

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by louchia, Aug 20, 2016.

1. louchia

louchia Member

Why have I not heard any politicians promote the idea of "BUY MADE IN THE USA"? If all government purchases were made in the U.S., it would help our economy. Pencils,paper clips, army boots ,steel for our bridges etc. should all be American made . Even if it cost more, more people work and pay more taxes' More business created or rejuvenated and they pay taxes.
    Just a thought.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

And just where in America are you going to find a manufacturer? It is said if major US bridges were bombed we don't even have the capabilities to make the replacement beams. They would have to come from some foreign country. Our steel industry was sold out years ago.
    I thought Trump has been saying he would bring back the jobs and manufacturing to the states. He would have to shut down the TPP because it is going to get way worse when that takes effect which will be after the elections if course.

3. louchia

louchia Member

That's my point. We have to rebuild. We are not so far down that we can"t do that.
    I believe the TPP needs congressional approval. The @@@@@ in the white house can" t do it on his own.
    Trump is right, 800 Billion for starters.

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

If it's made here or not, I would prefer our gov't buy the better product and well...that isn't an automatic just because it's made here. When ppl care more about the paycheck than the end result of the product, quality declines.

5. buster40c

Well I have to say there is a lot of products coming from other countries, including China, that are about junk right out of the box. Our country can't survive as only paper shuffling order takers for foreign companies.
    This whole thing is total stupidity. Big business wants cheap labor if it even means bringing in illegals. Companies out sourcing and giving their product knowledge to foreign companies and the US companies get to dump the unions and high wages while still making money.
    What's stupid is who do these companies think are going to have any extra spendable money to buy their products? I can see restaurants, movie theaters and sports venues with mostly empty seats let alone any people buying any big ticket products.
    This is not going to end well but the companies will probably still give their managers big bonuses. They will never learn and someday they themselves will be flat broke because nobody can afford to buy or splurge on anything.
    The auto industry has to give cash back just to sell their cars. We are seeing the beginning of the crash right now. The Federal Reserve and big banks have taken the people for all they can get and soon they will be coming for whatever you have under the guise of being legal. Look what happened the last time. The crooks got paid bonuses from the bailouts tax payers shelled out. How is that for a slap across our faces and told we had to do it?
    The biggest thing made here in the US now is called total corruption and it is going to cost dearly.

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Manufacturing has been hollowed out of the USA. Even our best exporter, Boeing, was forced to build a plant in China.

I would rather buy appliances and televisions made in the USA, but it just doesn't happen anymore. My car was made in Canada for a Japanese conglomerate and my wife's car was made in Korea.

We got screwed over with NAFTA. Don't get me started with Chinese made tools or anything with a ching chong internal combustion engine attached to it.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

If you think it's bad now, wait for Hildebeast to get into office. She talks about these big companies and how she is going to tax the hell out of them, yet the stock market biggies keep contributing to the foundation. Does she give Wall Street the wink when she talks about raising their taxes. The whole government is a ponzi scheme. She will say anything to get a vote and lie right to your face and give that pukey giggle. There are trillions of dollars overseas in well hidden funds yet no company is going to come back and pay 35% tax rate. We are the biggest country in the world for having taxes. I have some friends who own small businesses and after doing their taxes, paying a couple employees they really have nothing to show for all the extra hours they have devoted to their business. One of my buddies own a small repair shop for Model A Fords and charges $40.00 per hour to work on them. If he feels he is charging too much, he cuts down on the hours he charges them. By no means is he getting rich. He has 2 employees and pays them $12.00 per hour to sandblast and primer parts when they are ready to install. They are not getting rich either. One is retired but the other has a wife and a baby and they live in a trailer park. This country was built on mom and pop organizations, not the big box stores and yet the big box stores pays less than my buddy who has the shop. I think Trump has the right idea. Bring back the manufacturing by cutting down on EPA powers and regulation. And quit taxing these companies so they have an incentive to invest back in America again. Also cut down our dependence on foreign oil. We can produce all we need here. The middle east can shove their oil where the sun don't shine. It's time for America to regain it's status as the most powerful and prosperous country in the world. End of a continuous rant.

Tommy

8. buster40c

Yeah that twitch in Hillary's eye isn't a nervous problem. I really don't understand why someone would want to trash our country. Supposedly one of the main reason the Roman Empire fell was due to government spending and taxing the citizens till they had no more to support the government spending. Seems familiar to what's happening here in the USA doesn't it?
    I think we should practice the same thing. Tell the creditors we made a few bad decisions and the creditors need bail us out on their dime not ours. Well I guess that's why they changed the rules for the peons declaring bankruptcy.