Cowboy Single Action Fast Draw World Championship

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by PonderosaTerritory, Oct 3, 2015.

1. One of the cool things about living around Ponderosa Territory is ya get to see the Cowboy Fast Draw World Championship action every year being held this weekend-link here... :D

https://www.cowboyfastdraw.com/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Someday I would like to watch one of these matches. I think I would be amazed at how well they can shoot.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would be afraid to try even with the wax bullets. I have ten toes and would like to keep them as I have had them many years. There used to be a mother and daughter were champs for awhile but I haven't followed it for a long time.

Tommy

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I made and shot some .38 spl and .32 wax bullets. I would much rather be shot with a wax bullet than a lead one.

5. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Those people are awesome. I've always liked those competitions. It's just good ole american fun. Ever seen some of those old guys...and women who would travel the states doing shows?

6. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

We're not all "old guys".

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

See, that depends on what the definition of "old guy" is.
    Kinda like what the definition of "is" is. :cheesy:

Kidding aside, never saw cowboy action shooting in person, but on YouTube I was some kind of impressed with what you youngsters can do. :tiphat:
    If the anti-gun crowd ever sees it they will want to ban those fast shooting single action revolvers and L/A rifles next.
    Oh wait, they already want to........ I keep forgetting what the definition of "reasonable gun laws" is, is.