Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife had cataract surgery this morning.. She is doing great.

So we had to stop by WalMart and pick up some eye drops, 3 different ones.

Who in Gods name has been screwing around with the healthcare ?
The gubmint aint doing us any favors...
They need to stay out of the Healthcare of this country.

We have Medicare, and Humana Advantage plan, and AFTER Insurance and Medicare ...

Here it is...

Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Drink Material property

Product Fluid Liquid Material property Gas

Font Material property Number Pattern Circle

I nearly crapped my britches when they said OUR part was $423.00 ,
Cost before insurance was $626.00 ....:rolleyes::eek:verreact:
Is this normal?
Somebody is ripping , and somebody is getting ripped.
Them Pharma companies, must have great lobbyist.

They told us that things like this gonna be even worse next year.....OMG.

We cant afford to get sick anymore.

Are you folks seeing this kind of disgraceful pricing????

Jim

Attachments

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
If you have your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you have a medical plan, you can keep your medical plan. Oh, I forgot to tell you everything. You can't have your doctor and you can't have your medical plan. Obama care will take care of you. These infamous words were spoken almost 8 years ago. Now if you DON'T have a medical plan, we will tax you.

My question is: if you can't afford a medical plan, how can you afford an escalating tax? You are taxed more each year you do not subscribe to Obama care or don't have insurance. And if you have a catastrophic event- how can you pay for that?

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Jim did you think your eyesight was failing you? I don't suppose they have generics to replace them.
Now there is a perfect example of Obama's affordable care act. Now you know why Pelosi said they had to vote for it so they could see what the content of the bill was. Another example of ................. You fill in the blank.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No generics.

One is a anti inflammatory,
One is a steroid,
One is an antibiotic...

Where do they get the pricing? The antibiotic is about $5 a drop.:rolleyes::mad:

That's insane to perpetrate that on the American people.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Does she have to wear an eye patch for awhile or can she good with it now?

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does she have to wear an eye patch for awhile or can she good with it now?
When they finished the surgery, they said she can do her normal activity,

They actually removed the cataract and install a clear lens into the pocket where the cataract was. All under a microscope. 10 minutes .

He did this to 10 patients this morning and seen all of them this afternoon again in the office.

Just don't rub her eye, or bend over for 1 day.

No patch, no pain, no swelling, nothing to even indicate anything has been done,
They gave her an oral sedative that took about 30 minutes to wear off, and she was back to normal.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
That operation just blows my mind. It scares the heck out of me thinking about having to have it done.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yeah, big pharma is hosing us. Just one of my diabetes medicines is over $400/month but I have great insurance from my job so I pay a $25 copay and say a prayer of thanks. Normally I'm all about free markets but I think we need to put the screws to the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, big pharma is hosing us. Just one of my diabetes medicines is over $400/month but I have great insurance from my job so I pay a $25 copay and say a prayer of thanks. Normally I'm all about free markets but I think we need to put the screws to the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

Why would you think pharma is a free market. Heavily fixed game.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It's all about the money not people's health or they wouldn't be so against natural remedies.

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Hey Jim. I was diagnosed with glaucoma and ordered to use a drop of eye drops daily for the rest of my life. I too had to use those small vials of drops. My pharmacist wanted to charge me $150 a month. I told the eye doc and he called my medical billing department and said my eyes could not use the generic version and after his call, they reduced the price down to $20 a month. According to the eye doc, this is done quite often. Speak to your eye doc as there may be a solution.

Other than that, I would call all the pharmacies in the area and get their prices. Most offer a price match if you could find it cheaper.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't call around , but In did look at all the Pharmacies on the internet, and the price is the same give or take a couple bucks.

We will be talking to the doc when she goes back for her other eye in 2 weeks.

He may be able to do something.

That sure was a cold slap in the face....I almost fainted ..:rolleyes::eek:

Jim

That puts a crimp on my firearms kitty....know what I mean Vern ?:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts