cool morning shoot

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by buster40c, Jul 30, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I was up early this morning and around 8 am I decided it was a good time to do some target shooting since it was fairly cool outside.
    I had some 8x11 target sheets that had 2" circles numbered 1 to 10 that were designed for trigger and sight practice.
    I used my MKIV 22, Heritage 22lr 4.5" and 6" revolvers.
    The 4.5" had the magnum cylinder loaded with shot shells and I really wasn't impressed with the shot shell because it spreads so much and the shot is pin point size which makes me wonder how good would it be for killing a snake. This Heritage still shoots left and is one gun I should have sent back to the factory but the 1 yr. warranty expired. The 6" shoots okay but the crappy groove rear for a sight isn't that great. If I could sell these without having to give them away they would be gone.

The MKIV is accurate and easy to sight in target. Needless to say the target looked like a pin cushion from the 22lr rounds. I do like this gun. Some say the stock trigger is to heavy but I have no problem with it.

While at it I figured it was a good time to shoot up some reloads in my Bulldog 44 special. I was making holes where the bulls eye was from 10 yard freehand hold. I shot 100 rounds and this gun is a pleasure to shoot.

Had an enjoyable morning punching paper.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I always shoot better, when I'm not sweating like a pig, or gasping for air in the heat,

Or

Frezzing my hind end off and sleet hitting me in the face.

Ain't it hard to find those perfect days , (for us old pharts) to go burn some powder.:D

:gaah:

Jim

3. buster40c

I went out again this morning seeing how I was up early again and could beat the heat and sun. I shot my Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 since I hadn't shot it in a long time. I guess I shot around 80 target rounds which is what was left in the box of 100.
    I shot from 7 yrd, 10 yrd, and 15 yrd range. I kept most of the shots within a head size target so I was happy with my shooting except for a few zingers. I spent a while picking up shells afterward. It's amazing how them shiny brass shells can hide so well in the grass.
    I believe my Bulldog 44 spl revolver has less recoil than this Kimber 45.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Jim, if those 'perfect' days happened more often you wouldn't know they were perfect. They'd be just another good day.

Summers and autumns in Vermont are full of good days. Maybe I need to upgrade them in my mind. Hmm.

:cool:

:D

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

Glad you got some decent weather for you to shoot in and makes me envious. Here's something to think about: instead of digging through a bunch of grass and weeds to salvage brass, go to Wal-Mart or some store like that and pick up a couple of plastic tarps for about $8-10.00 each and spread them on the ground to catch the expended rounds. Beats digging through all that crap and easier than bending over and try to scratch to find rounds. Just a suggestion is all.

Tommy

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Tommy I recently patented a case-catching design, basically a tarp with rigid sides on two ends, to which canes with threaded ends and triangular supports are attached. The canes let you pick up the tarp without bending over. Not having to bend over is the big selling point. Franchises are available, including one in your area.

7. buster40c

I once had a PVC 2" frame that I draped a small tarp over to catch the shells. I think I used the pvc to build a temporary pen for the pups I had. I keep saying I need go to the hardware and get some more pvc to build another one. It's one of those round to it things that I just haven't gotten around to it.

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Ok, so I don't have to bend over to pick up brass. I'm guessing I might have to bend over if I want to start a franchise?;)

9. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Spike,

Talk to Bob (VT) and see if you and I can go together and start a distribution center, maybe something like Wal-Mart or Target. Since he already get millions for his patent, we could split some of the profits on the "tarp collectors" we sell. I figure that if we do it right, we should be in the 6 figure money range (that's a piece) and then we can have a comfortable life like he has.

:spot::yahoo:
    Dang!!!!!! We gonna be millionaires. Actually I would be happy as a hundred-aire cuz I ain't greedy!!!!!!

10. spikedriver

I nominate myself for CEO!

Hmm...we'll have to hire truck drivers, fork lift operators, assembly line workers, and the like. How about it, R/T? How many of you are looking for a job? You'll get paid in earplugs and bulk .22 ammo. 2 weeks a year vacation at Jim's private luxury shooting range, and chiropractic adjustments (AKA leg pulling) will be free of charge every day in the break room at 10AM and 3PM. Oh, and of course I will need an aspiring young starlet for my personal assistant...the CEO always has a lot on his plate you know!:D

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Jeez, talk about taking an idea and running with it...

12. buster40c

You got to think big to make it big. Go for it.

13. spikedriver

Now we need to figure out which job suits each RT member best. I thought about nominating allenr for head of security, but then I figured that we would already have enough personally carried firearms on the premises to make a dedicated security department somewhat redundant...

14. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob (VT)

Spike and I volunteer to come to Vermont (on your dime of course) and we will do a video of how your "Bob's Fantastic Bullet/Shell Casing Catcher" works. Since Spike is CEO, I will happy to be one of the lackies who will help do the You Tube video and then go on TV to the Outdoor Sports show and do the advertisement. Savage or Jim could be our camera man and all you have to do is shoot a bunch of rounds, give me the nod, then I will run over to the "Shell Catcher" and pick up all the rounds. Now Spike and I will gladly come at your convenience and stay at a local hotel and work on our script for the video.
    I figure we could launch this new and exciting equipment in 6 months and since Cabela's is just 10 miles from where I live, we can drop at least a hundred units in there just to get started. Of course we will preview the video on our forum first for feedback and also add some to the coffer for supporting us. I'm sure Austin will give us permission.

I see a bright future ahead for all of us. God bless America and may he shine on the state of Vermont. Donald Trump stated we will have more entrepreneurs on the horizon providing jobs for millions and YOU ARE THE MAN to fulfill his promise!!!!

Tommy (Lackie and You Tube demonstrator)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  15. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I want to know how many shares of stock are gonna be initially issued.

I figur , in a year, it will go public and split,
    Hey, split 2 for one , and hold value,

Can't beat that.

I voluntear to be FEO.

Jim

16. spikedriver

OK, Tommy just locked down the title of "Director of Marketing". :D I think what this product needs now is a celebrity spokesperson...

17. buster40c

That would be VT. He could be the spokesman for jeopardy.

18. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Script for Bob's Casing Catcher

Bob: Ladies and gentlemen I want to show you the slickest product ever produced since sliced bread. It's the "Bob's Casing Catcher. Let me show you how it works.

Jim, Shooter and Savage fire off 500 rounds of various calibers spreading brass all over.

Bob: Now watch as my elderly and partially crippled assistance, Tommy, easily and quickly picks up the rounds with my "Casing Catcher" without even bending over. See how easily he gathers the rounds.

Now you can be the owner of my famous "Casing Catcher" by ordering today. For only $29.95 we will ship this to you today!
    Act now and we will include a second catcher FREE. Just pay P&H and we will pay the freight. Visa, Mastercard and Pay Pal gladly accepted.
    You can shoot and recover that brass with no hard work involved. No bending over, no more hurt backs, no more digging through grass and weeds to get that brass back.

Operators are standing by so order your "Bob's Casing Catcher" and be the hit of your range!!!!

Still working on the script but this is just an idea. After I get out of the "rec room" I will work on it some more.:thankyou::machinegun:
    Tommy

19. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Alright, I want in on this. I'll be the company model and take a bunch of pictures of me shooting cool guns with this Tarp Trap Thingie (I charge accordingly if you decide to go with this name)

20. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Wow, two for the price of one! Sold!

I gotta have one... er... two. Where do I sign up?

See VT, you're already making money.

:usa: