Constitutional Carry NH

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by phideaux, Feb 22, 2017.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

2. allenr

allenr Member

Good news. I vacation there every summer.

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well how about that..........finally law of the land got another state included.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The way that 'news' reads, you'll still need reciprocation to carry. And I (Vermonter) won't be permitted.

5. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ the devil is in the details...

6. buster40c

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

8. buster40c

oops there it is.........reading into it. I imagine they thought out what they were banning to include any form of federal gun control. But yep VT you are probably right in that the banning will be nitpicked till they can say the ban can't do squat.

Interpretation is sort of like hear say in that it eventually has nothing to do with the actual first thought but somehow is now believed to be factual replacement. Which is exactly what has been done to the 2nd Amendment as well as most of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. A piece of paper and the writing, Constitution, is not like the weather........subject to constant change. The ink is dry. By Constitutional law there is only one way the Constitution can be changed. Mere interpretation being read into it is not the way.

The SCOTUS has never denied that the Constitution is Law of the Land. The land being all 50 states. The SCOTUS has never said the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to the individual states. The 2nd says the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to bear arms shall not be infringed. It does not say the states are exempt from this. The people have been sold the interpretation that the 2nd only applies to the Federal branch of government. That is flat out read into hogwash.