Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've shot my M77R in 25-06 to death. Ruger no longer offers a 25-06 anything so........

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Vanguard S2 synthetic stock in 25-06. But before I do I've learned to research any brand before I take the leap.
Searching reviews I find very few current negative comments on this Japanese made rifle. Most seem to love it for it's value and performance.

Reading Weatherby's warranty policy I'm a little concerned. (Ruger has me spoiled when it comes to customer service).

Anyone have experience with the Vanguard S2 and / or with CS at Weatherby?
Anything you can share would be much appreciated.
:thankyou:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the vanguard. I'd go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Well I've shot my M77R in 25-06 to death. Ruger no longer offers a 25-06 anything so........

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Vanguard S2 synthetic stock in 25-06. But before I do I've learned to research any brand before I take the leap.
Searching reviews I find very few current negative comments on this Japanese made rifle. Most seem to love it for it's value and performance.

Reading Weatherby's warranty policy I'm a little concerned. (Ruger has me spoiled when it comes to customer service).

Anyone have experience with the Vanguard S2 and / or with CS at Weatherby?
Anything you can share would be much appreciated.
:thankyou:
Miroku made the Browning B-92. If they make the Vanguard, I would expect high quality. Other than that gem-of-knowledge, I dunno.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:threadbump:: Anyone, Anyone, Anyone? :rayoff:
Maybe you know a guy who knows a guy that has one? :spot:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Hey Magnum,

I do not know, anyone that has or shoots Weatherby,,
But......

I have SEVERAL friends that I shoot with, that own and shoot Howa rifles, and praise them highly. I have hot one of them and ,oh yeah, nice shooting rifle, and scarey accurate.

Oh ....did I mention that Howa makes Weatherby.:)

Don't discount Savage.;)

Howa is on my short list , in .308.;)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Howa is Japanese? I'll be durned. Somehow I thought it was a neighbor of Sako. Jeez, wrong continent even.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I do not know if Howa and Weatherby are made to the same specs.

only what Ive heard from owners ,that they have some of the same mfg characteristics.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts