Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those of you that are very computer knowledgeable.
I was reading an email and deleted it when finished reading it and I noticed I went from having maybe 10 unread emails to now 67 unread emails. I thought what the heck just happened. The new added emails were actually from the first week of June. 99% of my emails, sent emails, spam folder, and trash folder get deleted and emptied at least once everyday.
So my question is was my pc hacked or what caused these old deleted email from this one week in June to reappear in my email from Yahoo? How could these deleted emails show up again?
I have never seen this happen before. Maybe I need put my tin foil hat on? This is sort of like the dead rising zombies.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Are your 'deleted' emails really deleted, or are they just moved to a 'deleted' folder. The latter thing is what Windows Live does. Then if you click in 'an unintended place' you open the 'deleted' folder and there they all are - waiting to be really deleted.

Another possibility is that your IP downloaded all the emails in its 'holding' folder. Some IPs hang on to your emails for awhile, even after you've downloaded copies of them.

OR - it could be something entirely different, including the End Days.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I delete the emails {all} after being done with them. That sends them to my trash folder which I then also empty. So maybe what you are saying is beyond my actions. I just figured when I delete then empty the trash folders filled with deleted emails that the emails were gone to that pc ether neverland.
LOL I know sometimes I hit a button and it changes things without my knowing what I did. I just have never seen this happen before.
I don't know what to check to see if they really are just sitting in a folder.
LOL when the trash gets set out at the road the trash truck doesn't dump it back on my place a week later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts