Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had some free time today so, I went to my local range and shot for my NRA expert qualification in pistol, which I completed. I used my blued 6" Ruger 357mag gp100 that I put the hi viz front sight. I didn't shoot 357, I shot 38 SPL cowboy loads through the gun which for me made it a lot easier and the hi viz sight made sight alignment a piece of cake. Now I need to order all my rockers. I don't think I will ever qualify for distinguished expert, but I may try for it in a few months. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
congrats on your accomplishment

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! That's a great accomplishment :D

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats Joe,

thats a good thing.

I know I would be proud to have that under my belt.

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Congrats....way to go.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I think I will start on the NRA Defensive 1 pistol Qualification in the next couple of weeks before my old eyes can't see anymore. Things get harder when you're an old fart. ;(

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
From what I have read you must be a dang good shot to get that certification. No I don't wanna go play paint ball gun with you. Shooting 38 special out of 357 is fun shooting.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear you get the distinguished expert title.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last Saturday and this past Friday ( yes I know the 13th) I started defensive pistol 1. Last Saturday I shot pro-marksman and marksman. This last Friday I shot marksman 1st class and sharpshooter. The highest time was 15 seconds and my fastest time was 10 seconds. Again I used my Ruger gp100 6" barrel. I used speed loaders for all my loading parts. For marksman 1st class and sharpshooter you start the times with an unloaded gun. As soon as I can find a range that will allow me to setup with cover on right side and left side, I will shoot expert. Then distinguished expert which requires a kneeling position and standing.

I am also going to see if my wife would be interested in trying these different qualifications, since she is a better shot then me.
She enjoys target shooting with her 1911 9mm and her Ruger 22/45. I shoot with her almost every weekend. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts