Completed my NRA expert classification in pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Joew, May 26, 2014.

1. Joew

Joew New Member

Had some free time today so, I went to my local range and shot for my NRA expert qualification in pistol, which I completed. I used my blued 6" Ruger 357mag gp100 that I put the hi viz front sight. I didn't shoot 357, I shot 38 SPL cowboy loads through the gun which for me made it a lot easier and the hi viz sight made sight alignment a piece of cake. Now I need to order all my rockers. I don't think I will ever qualify for distinguished expert, but I may try for it in a few months. :D

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

congrats on your accomplishment

3. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

Congrats! That's a great accomplishment :D

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats Joe,

thats a good thing.

I know I would be proud to have that under my belt.

Jim

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats....way to go.....

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats, nice work

7. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

8. Joew

Joew New Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
    I think I will start on the NRA Defensive 1 pistol Qualification in the next couple of weeks before my old eyes can't see anymore. Things get harder when you're an old fart. ;(

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  9. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

Congrats.....

10. jbardellini

jbardellini Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

11. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

From what I have read you must be a dang good shot to get that certification. No I don't wanna go play paint ball gun with you. Shooting 38 special out of 357 is fun shooting.
    I wouldn't be surprised to hear you get the distinguished expert title.

12. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Awesome! Congratulations!

13. Joew

Joew New Member

Last Saturday and this past Friday ( yes I know the 13th) I started defensive pistol 1. Last Saturday I shot pro-marksman and marksman. This last Friday I shot marksman 1st class and sharpshooter. The highest time was 15 seconds and my fastest time was 10 seconds. Again I used my Ruger gp100 6" barrel. I used speed loaders for all my loading parts. For marksman 1st class and sharpshooter you start the times with an unloaded gun. As soon as I can find a range that will allow me to setup with cover on right side and left side, I will shoot expert. Then distinguished expert which requires a kneeling position and standing.

I am also going to see if my wife would be interested in trying these different qualifications, since she is a better shot then me.
    She enjoys target shooting with her 1911 9mm and her Ruger 22/45. I shoot with her almost every weekend. ;)