Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son-of-a-bisquit, Ruger has produced a compact RAP, in both thumb safety and 'pro' versions. Check it out at the company store.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
So when is yours going to arrive?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So when is yours going to arrive?
It probably won't. Pretty much duplicates my Grand Power P1, for which I have OWB and IWB holsters and an extra mag. It's an excellent gun - that is little known in this country, so is not an easy sell. And I'd need to sell it with kit to make way for the RAP - and then replace the kit. [sigh]

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never thought they would spit a compact out that fast! Really hoping a compact 45 is following
If they had gotten the Army contract, I'm thinking that neither the RAPc nor the Mark IV would be in production. Too busy.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
How are you liking the LCR?

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How are you liking the LCR?
Ruger, with assistance from Hogue, has created a gun very well suited for its intended purpose - concealable SD-H. I like mine a lot.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Not excited about the RAPc. Mainly because I have SR9c, Plus mags and 2 different holsters. The RAPc weighs more. Having said all that, if I didn't have a new SR9c, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ I agree. The SR series being a proven quality Ruger gun I don't see the point in buying into the RAP series of guns. But gun nuts seem to go by the gotta have the latest on the block.
I guess if the raised round indicator and the safety lever on the SRc series bothers someone then the RAP series could be the ticket for them. Being heavier than an SR is a downer IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ I agree. The SR series being a proven quality Ruger gun I don't see the point in buying into the RAP series of guns. But gun nuts seem to go by the gotta have the latest on the block.
I guess if the raised round indicator and the safety lever on the SRc series bothers someone then the RAP series could be the ticket for them. Being heavier than an SR is a downer IMO.
Not having fondled or even seen for real a RAP, I suspect the SR's are more aesthetically attractive for civilians than the RAP's. The military/'duty' design may have a cachet of its own though.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I too, am shocked that they came out with a compact so quickly.

Don't think I will be getting one either. I will still be shooting my old KP-89, thick as a brick 9 for a holster gun. And the new LC9s is as compact a 9 as I will ever get.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm sure that was said about the SR vs. the P- series too. Except the SR was lighter and striker fired with better ergos. The RAP's ergos are not that great, but the one I rented was on par with M&P for quality. I really want to like the RAP, but that thumb rub turns me off. I went M&P.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the duty size pro version, mainly because I wanted the high magazine capacity. The compact version is nice to have a choice of if that's what you're looking for though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It probably won't. Pretty much duplicates my Grand Power P1, for which I have OWB and IWB holsters and an extra mag. It's an excellent gun - that is little known in this country, so is not an easy sell. And I'd need to sell it with kit to make way for the RAP - and then replace the kit. [sigh]
How do you like that Grand Power? It's been on my radar for awhile but haven't found one to look at or talked to anyone that has one. Have been interested in them for several years now.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
^^^ ME TOO...

OK , I'm waiting on VT ...

Tell me bout it.

I have never seen one.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, give me a couple days to take some pics. The field strip is a little different, and the internal design is different, from the CZ equivalent (the P07?)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Grand power P1

[Jim, I don't really know what to do with this. If it needs a new thread, feel free to move it to one.]

OK Here goes.

The Grand Power line of semiauto handguns is manufactured in Slovakia. When I bought my P1, the importer/distributor was Century Arms. A different outfit was doing the importing last I knew, but they don't seem to be pushing Grand Power hard at all. When I purchased mine a couple years ago, the full size model was labeled K-100. My P1 is the same gun with a shorter slide to fit a 3.68" barrel.

The gun fits the label of CZ-75 clone, but not a 'near' clone. The barrel rotates to inhibit slide retraction, instead of that thing Browning came up with. The recoil spring/guide rod setup is some different from the CZ-75 design in the details, too, and the field strip starts differently - because that cross pin ain't there anymore.

These views reveal that the gun has completely ambidextrous controls. Note that the left side view shows the gun at full cock, with the trigger in that position. There is some take-up, with a short, crisp release

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts