Cleaning time

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by greg_r, Sep 9, 2017.

1. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

Shot the LCRX against the RAP compact this past week. Comparing some 38 special +P reloads against some 9mm. Cleaning them up this morning.

If I was told to reach in my safe and pull out my favorite revolver and favorite pistol, these would be the two. The LCRX gets carried on the weekends when I'm fishing or just working around the property. The RAPc gets carried any other time.

The LCP II gets the nod Monday through Friday.

Attached Files:

2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Good looking firearms.:cool:

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Greg,
    I have a couple you can clean for me since you are in the cleaning mood. Be glad to send them to you as long as you send them back.........hopefully you will after you fire some rounds.:D Just clean them after you fire them.........pleeeeeeeeeez!

Tommy

4. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I would be glad to.

I'm kind of behind though. Might take a while.

5. regur45

regur45 New Member

They are both beautiful guns!

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

OOPS they got lost in transit. Darn I also forgot to get a tracking number.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

The only thing I don't like about the LCP is the blade safety. I have nothing else against the gun as I have never shot one. I did have 2 Glocks and they had blade safeties and the 26 had such a sharp safety that I had to wear a bandage to shoot it. I'm sure it may be different on the LCP but if they had a fatter or flattened safety I would be more apt to try one. Heck, I can't afford one anyway so I might as well wish for the moon. I'll stick to my SR1911,s

Tommy from the land of eternal sun and desert..........Az.

8. greg_r

greg_r Well-Known Member

I dont like blade safeties either. I dont like yhem on Glocks, but they dont really cause me issues, i think its maybe just the glock trigger. And i dont like them on the Taurus pistols i owned that had them. The Taurus bladed triggers actually irritated my finger.

I just about did not buy the Rugers because of the blade safety. I was allowed to dry fire them and the Ruger safety dosent bother me. I can't feel the blade.