Citadel SC 3.5" 1911

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Railbuggy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

Hibberd Armory is located in Cleves,Ohio about 12 miles west of Downtown Cincinnati. I found this new shop while shoping for a 1911 in a Ky pawn shop. The Quick Cash Pawn Shop said they would ship to Hibberd Armory
    for free if I bought a handgun from them. I stoped at Hibberd Armory to check it out and saw the Citadel SC I wanted. I asked John the owner if he would trade the Citadel for my 2003 SAR-1 Billie Clinton AK. He said yes.
    Got a used Nikon D40 today($225 out the door) to replace the D200 dope man got in a trade with my son about 6 month ago. Crime don't pay. Dope man got my Taurus SS PT1911 also.
    My 20yo son gets out of rehab in August. As soon as he gets a job he will start paying me back. Some pics of the Citadel 3.5"1911 I
    got last month. I traded a 2003 SAR-1 to a local dealer for the new pistol.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

3. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

I'm happy with mine. RIA is the mother company, but I read that Citadel is machined a little better from forged frame and slide. I have a 5" ATI(SAM) 1911 also that is lower quality in my book. Now I want a Ruger SR1911CMD. I'll wait until prices come down on the Ruger. I'll not pay $800 for one.

Have you shoot it yet?
    Twice I took her out and fired 50 of my LEE TL 452-230gr LRN reloads under 6 grains of Unique rated at 870FPS. I have not shoot at paper yet. Just breaking her in for my new carry gun.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I really like the looks of that Citadel RB...kinda reminds me of this Para Ordnance I own:

[​IMG]

5. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

I was first looking at a ATI Fatboy. Glad I did not buy it. I did consider the
    Para Warthog, but I already have about twenty two 1911 magazines. Mostly
    Checkmate with a few marked Kimber. I am looking closely at the PARA expert and GI model. Everything I read about PARA is good.:metal2: