Christmas morning.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Sep 10, 2015.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Buying a gun and then waiting to hear it has been shipped and then waiting to hear your present to yourself has arrived is like waiting on Christmas morning. Boy Bud's has really slowed down in there shipping times. It was a week today since I ordered it and it hasn't even shipped yet. I doubt I will see it this week. What are they waiting on....Christmas?
    I received an email today from Bud's that my gun is now in their shipping dept. Well that's one step closer to my getting it anyway.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I've done business with Bud's more than once..................they've never really been known for fast shipping, at least in my cases...................

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Did it ever occur to you that they have a bunch of old geezers in the shipping department and it takes time for them to get it together properly so they can ship it out? You may not know this but old geezers are not on a schedule that would have any words expressing ASAP. Just a thought I am sharing is all.

Tommy

4. buster40c

I read that Bud's doesn't stock most Taurus guns so that explains part of the long wait to get it delivered. They had the gun shipped to them from their vendor then sent it to me.
    I have to say I am very pleased how it shoots good for me. I like that extra inch or so sight radius. I didn't think it weighed 34 ounces but it does and 39 ounces loaded. It feels good in the hand and the single action trigger is decent but I imagine a trigger job making it more like a 1911 trigger would be awesome.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  5. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

BETTER THAN DIAMOND BACK FIREARMS CUSTOMER "CARE" DEPT. They've been sitting on a DB9 that basically fell apart after 60 rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass. I sent it in 06/18/15 with a 8-10 weeks turn around time frame. 12 weeks later I sent a fax demanding a replacement or a refund. The Rep. called me back and promised me 10-15 days (placation), to have the repair finished. 10 days later, I see on the "track your repair status" it has gone no further. I just sent another fax telling them to send me the $300 I spent on that thing, and in return I would send them back the extra mag I bought (3 month wait on that), along with the lock box and trigger lock it came with as they are useless to me now. Makes BUD sound very efficent doesn't it!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  6. 6-Oclock

6-Oclock New Member

Just got a call from one of the Co-owners of Diamond Back, he apologized and is sending a check for $300 and I'll be sending the extra mag, lock box and trigger lock when I get the check. This should all be taken care of by the end of the month. :hammer:

7. buster40c

It's in the mail.........your worries should all be over now. I hope so.
    I read that Bud's doesn't post negative reviews and cancels the membership of those that do so on Bud's gun site. I only gave 4 stars review because it took two weeks to receive the gun. I will watch to see what happens for only a 4 star review.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I have purchased several guns from Bud's. They are slow, which in a way heightens the Christmas Eve aspect. Can't stand the tension, so now I use the LGS, Gallery of Guns, and CDNN when I discover a gun I can't do without. Have stopped doing business with CTD since learning that they are unabashedly racist. I am only 1/16th Amerind, probably not enough to trip an alarm, but hey.