Christmas in February

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by AndyRexia, Feb 27, 2016.

1. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

My tax stamp paperwork finally came in. I sold my Mk III and picked up a 22/45. It has a GemTech Oasis integrally suppressed barrel. Only took about 4 months for the paperwork. She weighs nothing and shoots real quiet ;-)

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1456627092.662245.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new gun.

Sure will be awaiting a range report

Looks good.

Jim

3. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

Thanks Jim.

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

That's a special gun purchase. I think it's cool when firing a 22 and you only hear the gun action.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hey, that is an interesting gun - and looks good, but that's another thing. I don't see a barrel-to-receiver line. Would a better photo help? "Integrally suppressed"? Whazzat?

6. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

My first suppressor. It was kind of an impulse buy. GemTech discontinued those barrels so the LGS was selling them cheap, well for a suppressor anyway. I'm very pleased with it.

I'll get you a better picture tomorrow. It's locked up in the safe and I'm in bed! Integrally suppressed means there's a suppressor built into the barrel. When looking at this barrel, bout half of it is actual barrel and the other half is suppressor. It's all one piece.

7. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1456686614.432536.jpg

This probably isn't a better picture but it's a different one.

8. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

How long is the barrel part and suppressor part?

How do you service/clean the suppressor?

Good looking gun.

Jim

9. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

Good question. I don't know the lengths off the top of my head. I'll try and find out when I get home.

As for cleaning, there's really only two options. Plugging the barrel and pouring cleaning solution into the barrel and letting it soak. Or, sending it to GemTech and they can service it. It's a drawback but I can live with it. There is a third option. I found a company online who could "jailbreak" it which means cutting open the front and threading it. This way the suppressor could be disassembled and the baffles removed. However, that would void the warranty and it would eliminate the front sight. The front sight actually screws into the forward most baffle.

All in all I'm really pleased with it. No loaded chamber indicator which is a plus but it's also not drilled and tapped for an accessory rail. There are good things and not so good things about it. I have a video of me shooting it but can't figure out how to post it.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have to admit that I really enjoy the looks of that pistol. As Jim state, I am anxiously awaiting a range report. But as for aesthetics, I think you have a winner on your hands. Shoot and enjoy!!!

Tommy

11. AndyRexia

AndyRexia Member

The suppressor is 5 inches in length. The barrel is 11.5" long. It weighs 6.7 ounces. The complete handgun weighs around 21 ounces.

*Edit* By barrel I mean the barrel and suppressor together are 11.5"

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016