Chicago Cubs Win World Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SavageGuy, Nov 3, 2016.

1. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Well, the Cubs did it! First time in 108 year! It was a good game too, for those of you who didn't watch it.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

It was a fantastic game and I was glad to see the Cubbies win. I missed the last world series they won but Buster and Bob might have been in the stadium when they did. It was back in 1908 so I know those 2 old codgers were there. :cryinglaugh::spot:
    Tommy

YANK****************YANK***************YANK**********************YANK!!!!!

3. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Tommy your killing me!
    Congrats to the Cubs! I bet there will be a lot of hang overs this morning!

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

A N D.... just how would you know that......?

UNLESS....you were there....

Jim

btw , as a kid 8 or 9 yr old , I lived 1/2 block from Wrigley.:cool::Cooltu:

5. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

As a kid in Chicago, my grandfather would take me to the games. We'd have a hotdog and cheer our heads off. Every time I went to watch the game last night, the Indians would start a comeback. So I helped by only going to the game at commercials. May the goat rest in peace. Go Cubs!

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Remember Henrys's Hamburger joint beside the stadium , back in the early 60s?
    I still believe McDonalds stole their idea, of a 15 cent burger.:rolleyes:

Jim

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I watched after getting home from bowling, from the 5th inning on. Exciting, dramatic game.

I had no emotional investment. 'My' teams, all followed from afar, have been the Brooklyn Dodgers, LA Dodgers, Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox. No interest at all until the 1948 pennant race featuring "Spahn and Sain and Two Days of Rain."

No more baseball until spring. Need to find another excuse for avoiding housework.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

9. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

^^^ According to Tommy you and I are to old to even think about doing housework. Another reason to get a young filly I guess?
    I missed the game but I am sure it wasn't because I was doing housework.

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

I'm working just outside of the Chicagoland area right now, everyone here went nuts. Not only are they all hung over but I think there are going to be a whole lot of babies born here 9 months from now...

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I now see we have a NEW LEG YANKER in the mist of the fog emerging!!!! Now IF I were there I would have been very young and not even old enough to be the ball or bat boy. Bob and Buster would have been the hawkers in the stands selling peanuts and contaminated Coca-Colas (the kind before the FDA).

NOW-you are on alert!!!! I am therefore calling VT, Buster, Magnum, Handy & Spikedriver to be on alert and monitor our monitors behavior. It's a sad day in Mudville when the mighty Phideaux has struck out!!
    Okay for you Jim, just okay for you! YOU ARE ON NOTICE!

Eyes will be watching :camera::ignore::feedtroll:
    Tommy