Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little dog's smile went viral on the web. The county opened a dog/pet shelter for placing found stray dogs in forever homes instead of putting them down after 72 hours as before. This smile got national attention and got him adopted locally also.
The shelter was asking for volunteers to walk the dogs and do other chores to help out. So I volunteered to walk dogs in the mornings for them. Good thing to get me out of the house and get some exercise at the same time helping the dogs as well as myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somebody actually dropped of a momma Chihuahua and her 3 pups on the side of the road in a big box. Makes me wonder why they would do that when they could have gotten at least $50 per dog if they had sold them. I guess they had to move out and couldn't take the dogs with them. The momma was definitely somebody's lap dog pet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My sister in law wants a $2000 dog because it's supposed to not shed ! My 105lb chocolate lab sheds pretty good but I just get him groomed often to help out with the loose hair. I just can't imagine spending that kind of money when you can get a dog that needs a good home for almost nothing in most towns shelters.

·
Registered
992 Posts
^^^ Yup. My beloved Doberman was 3 years old when I got him. The shelter said he had never had a home in his whole life. He is now 12 and is the most gentle dog you could wish for. He's just happy to be in the same room with you. For the $40 adoption fee I got a lifetime buddy. Shelter dogs are a great way to go.

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I honestly believe that shelter dogs have so much more love to give. These poor things were stuck in a cage, some minutes or hours from being put to sleep, and now are given a home with someone who really loves and cares for them. My last 5 shelter dogs were much more loyal and loving than even my police dog. I hate to say it, but it is true for me.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At this shelter it cost $150 to adopt the dog and the adopter is checked out to see they can and will not keep the dog on a chain and left alone. Included in the fee pays for the dog to be neutered or spayed and the puppy shots and the adopter is checked that they do make arrangements with the local vet to have these performed on the dog/cat. Try getting all that done for your dog for $150, you can't do it for that price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts