Cheap In Price .223/5.56 Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by RugerNut, Jul 27, 2016.

1. RugerNut

RugerNut Member

I have owned an S&W Sport 1 AR for almost 3 years now. I have shot about 90% steel case ammo through it since new. I now own a Ruger AR-556 AR. For the 3 months I have owned it I have shot about 98% steel ammo through it.
    I am currently disabled after working for almost 33 years. I live month to month on SSDI. Money is hard to come by thus, shooting steel ammo.
    I have done a few side jobs lately on my PC and can afford some cheap in price brass AR ammo. I usually buy 500 rounds at a time from sgammo.com
    Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where I can buy some cheap in price brass ammo? I would like to buy a minimum of a 150 rounds.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

It would behoove you to try and take up reloading if you possibly can. You can reload for half the price that you buy rounds for. I also have to live on Social Security as many of our people here on the forum so there's no disgrace to that. Not having money
    is just danged inconvenient. Save your pennies and watch some forum sites like "Backpage" if you have it and you can find some good buys on reloading equipment. It's gonna take some time, but in the long run, it will be worth it. Good luck!!!

Tommy

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR New Member

About a week ago I found a 20 round box of 223 the price was $4.29 ?
    Brand was Coast To Coast (a hardware store)