Cerakote

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by wardo82, Jan 5, 2017.

1. wardo82

wardo82 New Member

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I was wondering if anybody had any Cerakote done to any of there semi-autos? I have been wanting to do it to my lc9s or SR40. I can't decide between coyote tan or FDE. I have seen pictures of both and prefer coyote tan as my shooting gloves are that color as well. Did anyone do this and regret it or were you satisfied with it. I want to leave the slide black just the frame colored. Also wondering if it created any problems with your firearm., thanks for your time as always.

2. Jewell

Jewell New Member

I have. I've had it done to two AR's. A Colt 6920 and a custom build. On the Colt, I had both the upper and lower done in olive drab. On the custom build I had just the upper done in fde.

The Colt was done about two years ago and the custom build a little more than a year.

Both have held up great, a d I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Don't regret it one bit.

3. nick7274

nick7274 New Member

I would go with which ever one is darker in color. I've had several firearms cerekoted and the when the color is on the gun it always appears lighter than the samples they show, especially on the polymer parts. Never had it cause any problems on semi auto handguns or rifles. I wouldn't recommend doing the barrel on a semi handgun though as I've heard people have had problems with these, although I haven't.

4. wardo82

wardo82 New Member

Thank you both for your advice it has been very helpful.

5. nick7274

nick7274 New Member

No problem and good luck. Post some pics when you're done.

6. Jewell

Jewell New Member

Absolutely. Hope you find something you like.