Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I see you got the email flier also. I think there were 3 different gun sites sent me the email about CDNN.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a PPX 40 if you would like an unbiased (meaning I get nothing if you buy one or not) opinion.

It is top heavy with a LARGE slide. Recoil is negligible.

It is too big and too awkward for a conceal carry, however open carry works well.

Trigger pull is VERY smooth with a crisp break and short reset.

HOWEVER there is a mile and half of slack in pretravel (exaggeration, of course, but it feels like it)

VERY straight shooter.

Other negative. The slide internals is unique. 1 pin in the side of the slide breaks it down.

The firing pin, firing pin safety, extractor, etc all come out with a firing block assembly.

There are a few VERY VERY small springs and parts in the block that you WILL lose if drop any.

Bottom line, for the price, not a bad choice for a fun shooter at all. Or for a budget defense gun.

Doc

Forgot to add...

The PPX is also discontinued. So you can expect that support will end as with what happens once manufacturers discontinue models.

Walther has come out with the "Creed" which is basically the PPX with a few cosmetic differences and about $100 more

But, it has identical dimensions and weight, identical trigger, identical firing system as PPX so if you eventually need an extractor or spring etc, the parts should be interchangeable with the Creed.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It's good to hear an unbiased pro and con about a gun. Funny how many people while owning a gun think it is fantastic but after selling it the gun then gets trashed reviews. I think that's called buyers remorse when the gun hype wore off. Gun hype has gotten me more than once.
The PPX sounds like a good gun for certain uses. IMO a gun is only great if it performs as you expect it to for the use it was bought for. I have never owned a Walther so I can't comment on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts