Carry while voting in Texas

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by buster40c, Oct 24, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

In Pennsylvania...concealed carry IS just that...concealed!!

Having said that...our two wards vote in a public school gymnasium...which means that no one is allowed on school property with a gun...concealed or not.

I park my Jeep where I can see it just off school property...and my gun is there should I require it. Even our constable...in his official capacity and uniform as a presiding judge of elections cannot have his duty gun present.

Which I feel is pretty stupid...making a polling place a Gun Free Zone.

Pretty sure NOT what the Founding Fathers would think IS smart.

But...they didn't say anything about my concealed KNIFE !! :rolleyes:

3. buster40c

At the county courthouse here everyone has to go through a metal detector. Nothing that could be used as a weapon can be carried into the building. Including a pocket knife of any size. There is a big lawsuit going on now against Waller county concerning CCL people not allowed to carry into the building let alone a court room. I would say this is evidence not being able to carry anything that could be used as a weapon on voting premises would very probably be enforced to the max.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

In Pennsylvania...a pocket knife is considered a tool...NOT an offensive weapon.

I probably have opened more boxes than shanked people with any of my knives.

Metal detectors...!? Must be a rich voting ward...

5. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

No guns allowed were voting here, but they will give you a temporary locker to use on jury duty.:cool:

6. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, in Texas no guns allowed at polling places. I believe any legal knife can be carried.

Every time I go to the courthouse I can never remember to leave my little pocket knife (2.5" blade) in the truck so I have to tell the guard I forgot again.
    They are used to that and will hang onto it for me till I leave.

Things change.
    Before 9/11 I always carried my medium size lock blade hunting knife when I traveled on passenger jets so I'd have some sort of a weapon, just in case.
    It's like, go ahead and try it with your box cutter when I got my Puma and a jacket on my blocking arm.... :mad:
    No more!

Attached Files:

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I went to a new car show Friday night and it's one they are trying to get started up. First thing I had to do was register, so I went to the registration booth. I signed up and then they handed me the rule sheet. Now this is at a college parking lot that will hold about 250 cars. I signed in and then she gave me the rule sheet. I only listed 2 of the 6 six rules they had.

Rule #1 Absolutely no firearms
    Rule #2 No smoking on the campus. This whole area is a concrete parking lot with no fire bushes or trees or nothing-just black pavement.

I proceeded to the registration booth and asked for my registration back. The lady asked me why and I explained that I do NOT conform to their rules. Yes I am a smoker and even if it hurts me, it ain't gonna bother anyone else who isn't within 50 feet of me. Secondly, I do NOT go anywhere where there is any possibility of some BG taking advantage of people. I lifted my T shirt and showed her my Ruger and stated that she didn't even know I had it on. She confirmed that but she said what could possibly happen her at the college campus? I then asked her how could it happen in California, Baltimore, Chicago, New York or any other city. I again asked for my registration back, which she gave me, and I tore it up and threw it in her garbage can. I fired up my Model A pick-up and left. Some friends of mine told me the next day that she thought that I was wrong and nobody would shoot at a college. A buddy of mine asked her if she ever heard of Columbine.

Tommy

8. buster40c

You just can't change stupid!