Car Alarm for home safety

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by buster40c, Apr 10, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Here is a good idea for a neighborhood watch program to get together with neighbors about. If you don't inform neighbors about your using this idea then nobody will roll out of bed or call police if they hear a car alarm going off.

Pretty neat idea. Never thought of it before.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car.The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds , all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or prevent a sexual abuse crime.

Remember if you don't inform your neighbors about your using this idea then don't expect anyone to roll out of bed to look out the window let alone call 911 because a car alarm is going off. Get together with your next door neighbors and share this plan as this could be a life saver.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Sounds like a good idea. We have a home security system and I am totally disappointed with it besides paying $50.00 per month. It hasn't worked right since the day we got it. They came out and fixed it one time because I hadn't had it a year yet. They said if it were passed a year, the MINIMAL charge would be $75.00. Thank God my 3 year term expires in November and I will not renew the contract. They show one on TV that you can install yourself and there is no contract and you can do all the self adjusting to it as pleased. I am definitely going to look into that. Beware of alarm companies because if you have too many accidental set offs, they charge you extra every time it goes off. I keep my garage door locked and I have enough guns around the house strategically placed so if we have an intruder, it's too bad for him.

Tommy

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Using the car alarm at home seems like a good idea, because - you're home. In a parking lot, maybe not so good. You ain't heading for your home, you're heading for your car. The car alarm shows the BG where you are headed. Plus, in parking lots folks mostly pay no attention to the car horn, they seem to figure it's just somebody screwed up and set off the alarm accidentally.

But hey, maybe it's different down there in East Texas.