Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From southern Ontario.

I owned several rifles, shotguns and a great stainless Rossi 511 .22 revolver back in the 90s, but sold/gave away everything when kids came along and found I didn’t have as much time to shoot anymore. Man, I missed that little Rossi.

Fast forward 30 years and here I am waiting for my licence to purchase to arrive (after jumping though all the Canadian red tape) so I can get my hands on a GP100 and do some range shooting with my adult sons.

Looking forward to lurking around!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello and welcome from Indiana! So, you guys up there can actually own a handgun? I thought they had banned them, like in Britain.

The GP100 runs about 750 bucks here in Indiana, what do they run in Canada?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome from Indiana! So, you guys up there can actually own a handgun? I thought they had banned them, like in Britain.

The GP100 runs about 750 bucks here in Indiana, what do they run in Canada?
Thanks for the welcome!

Process to obtain a restricted firearm (handgun) licence in Canada takes about 6 months ATM and starts with taking mandatory classroom theory and practical training as well as a written and practical hands-on test. Once approved, Purchasing a handgun requires a membership to a gun club/shooting range.

GP100 up here runs approx $1,200 CDN, which is about $915 USD.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts