Came home with a Ruger American......

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by SavageGuy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Brought home another Ruger today! This time it's a rifle. Ruger American compact .308. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1474320617.346062.jpg

Just in time for deer season........!

boatme99 likes this.
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats,
    Ive heard good things about the accuracy of that one.

Oh, yeah, .308 , great deer caliber.

Tweek it in and let us know how it shoots.

jim

3. benhanak

benhanak New Member

this is my american in .308, i was at the range this morning. sighted in at 25 yards and was dead on but took it to the 100 yard side and look how high my first 3 were. a lil adjustment and the last 3 were pretty good , nevermind the cat [​IMG][​IMG]

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Will be looking forward to your hunting experiences with it in the hunting sub-forum.

5. zcummins23

zcummins23 New Member

I recently got the American predator in 6.5cm I love it! out of the box sub-moa rifle! Aside from the flyers due to lack of rigidity in the fore-end of the stock out standing rifle. Will post updates as it comes along, I would like to get out to around 6-700 yards to see how it shoots. If debating on getting one do it; you cant beat the price and the quality!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. DrDenby

DrDenby New Member

Great buy, SavageGuy

I fired that same rifle last month and got nothing but good things to say about it.

Picatinny rail for nearly universal scope fit.

Such a smooth crisp trigger.. I didn't have a gauge, but it felt like around 4# or less

Solid heavy bolt for sturdy reliable function.

Threaded barrel for easy muzzle brake or flash suppress install.

1 1/2" spread at 100 yards from barrel resting on a rolled up towel

Very good recoil pad that tamed the 308 in the relatively light weight rifle.

Bottom line, damn fine rifle .. if you didn't know the price you would not guess it was a budget gun.

Doc

7. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Well... the mag could be a clue.

8. zcummins23

zcummins23 New Member

With that being said, I had a slight polish done to my seer and let me just tell you it took a crisp trigger to even better! I am truly in love with this rifle!

9. DrDenby

DrDenby New Member

Poor Mag.

Forever being picked on. :hammer:

He is gonna end up with some kind of complex.

Doc

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

^^^ And 3...2...1...YANK YANK YANK!!!

11. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Savage,

I am happy for you buddy! I hope you enjoy that rifle and get your deer this year. You never fail to amaze me with all your antics and joy you spread among us on the thread. Now, I have a question, are you going to let me borrow that so I can shoot something out here? What's that song say? Put a little love in your heart!:rayoff:
    I gotta doing something else too: yank************yank*******yank! Spike and I have got your number!:D

Have a good hunt this year!

Tommy

12. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

And.........Its my turn for a little 'yank yank yank'

Already shot my deer back in October! (Yes, this thread isn't new)
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1480731301.698088.jpg

I thought I started a thread about it on here.......

And I shot it with my Savage 111, the American is for my 11 YO. He didn't get his deer this year, season just closed yesterday. But let me tell ya, he carried this thing for hours without complaining. The rifle is very light. And it does kick! But he doesn't seem to mind it.

We really did put this rifle through its paces though. Hunting in snow, rain, getting covered in mud. We'd come home after a hunt and just leave the gun in the back of the car- after two weeks of hunting like this I finally cleaned the gun and it looks as good as it did when it arrived at the LGS. It's been a good gun. Hopefully he'll get his deer next year!

13. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Oh, btw, the magazine has been flawless, so far

14. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

That lot of bad mags may be gone. The second replacement mag for my .22-250 is also a good-un.

15. Thomas G.

Thomas G. New Member

Just got the 6.5 Creedmoor predator. Could not get the mag to feed properly. Someone mention a lot of bad mags? Eventually got it to cycle if it was inserted “just right”. Does not seem dependable, would def. be pissed if it jammed in a hunting situation. Rifle shot excellent groups out of the box

16. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I would contact Ruger about your bad mag, sure they would replace it.