California sucks

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by Floorist, May 19, 2016.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

And they wonder why millions of people are leaving CA.
    Guns with a button magazine release will be forbidden? People in CA better expect to see no semi autos sold in CA if that becomes law. As it is many gun dealers will not ship any guns to CA.

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

They are also trying to make it illegal for me to use my husbands gun. That means it's illegal to try his gun at the range or use it in self defense. Absolutely no lending of guns to anyone for any reason.
    That includes ranges that rent firearms.
    This state has fallen way past loosing their minds.

3. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

If I read it right, the only legal rifles would be single-shot.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I think the guiding principle for the text of the legislation is 'surface reasonable for the clueless reader. Do not activate a thought process, including figuring the sum of 1+1'.

5. buster40c

1+1 is 11 isn't it? Well 11 can also be 2. Same as 2+2 is 22 which again can also be 4. It just depends how you look at some things as being equal when they are not and expecting the same end result. Like taking guns away from law abiding citizens doesn't stop criminals from having guns.
    I am really surprised the only legal guns are single shot black powder guns like they had when the 2nd was written. Oh oh! I shouldn't have put that thought in their run with it thinking.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

We will also have background checks for ammunition.
    Love reading people opening asking what reloaders will face. How about we give them more ideas to add to their bills. (Shaking my head)

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Sounds to me like Californians should start stocking up on Louisville slugger baseball bats but I am sure that the Dems have already thought about that. They probably have a proposition that anyone who hits 60 home runs a year should have a background investigation and register that bat. This would keep the public safe. Well maybe not-kids could swing Louisville sluggers and they might have a compartment on the bat that would hold extra weight to ensure the home run record. How asinine is Ca going to get?

Tommy

8. buster40c

D R you don't need no pound of gun powder to load 10 rounds which is all you are allowed to have in your gun anyway. How ridiculous will CA law makers get? I would say as ridiculous as they can imagine and get away with it. All while Boxer is crying thank goodness she had protection at a Hillary rally. I still find it hard to believe politicians like Boxer, Reed, Pelosi and McCain keep getting re-elected. The political records of these people are absolutely astounding yet they somehow keep being re-elected. Yes it is time for political term limits.

9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

DoubleR , once again , I beg you ,

MOVE TO KY...;):)

Jim

10. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I saw this in the link provided.
    "We owe it the voters to tackle tough issues and not force them to do our jobs for us."
    Am I understanding this correctly?

Does that mean they are scared the voters will stop at least a little of this madness if allowed to vote on it?

Makes me think of a lyric in a Lyle Lovett tune:
    "That's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas wants you anyway"

Come on down gun owners, we'll be glad to have you and make you feel right at home....

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  11. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

As soon as we can Hun! As soon as we can!

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

What may happen - and I have kin there, so I hope I'm wrong - is that California's antigun laws will result in an unarmed populace, i.e. a statewide gun-free zone. Law Enforcement officers will be way, way too few to put a dent in the terrorist/scumbag field days that will come down on the state.

Yeah DoubleR, git yerself outa thar.

13. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I'm sure you are all aware that California sets the trends for the rest of the states, so whoever is chuckling about these insane laws we are dealing with, pay close attention because as they say, It will be coming to you later, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. We all have to be vigilant and fight back by voting.

14. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Its odd, that several states are opening up to better gun laws...
    IE, open carry, and no permits to CC.

Mo , just passed no permit law, Ky has it in legislature as we type,
    but Kalifurorstein is going the opposite direction.

But, they have always been opposite the rest of the country on most b]issues.

I love my dear friends in Kommi land . but their lawmakers need a 2x4 upside the head.

Jim

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Sorry, but I gotta ask you, havasu: Vote for who? Know any honest gun owners who are willing to run for state office and are acceptable to a party machine?

16. buster40c

Seems the voters in CA are happy with all the state politicians because they keep voting them in. If the voters keep voting in the likes of Pelosi and Boxer then the state is doomed. Hate to say it but CA has shown to be a trend setter and like havasu said what happens there spreads, sorry to say. The only hope for the voters is term limits must be made law.
    Years ago CA started the 32 hour working trend to avoid so many government laws on companies having to pay benefits and overtime pay for employees working 40 and over hours per week.. That trend spread real fast across the country way back when. Now thanks to Obummercare we are seeing that again.
    With gun laws limiting law abiding citizens not working to stop gun crimes is why many of these new gun laws coming out of CA may not spread so fast to other states. NY.NJ,CA and many other states need to have the SCOTUS step in and stop all this infringement on the 2nd Amendment.

17. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

I am not so sure how Trump actually feels about guns.

A quote from 2000

"It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. After a tragedy like the massacre at Columbine High School, anyone could feel that it is too easy for Americans to get their hands on weapons. But nobody has a good solution. This is another issue where you see the extremes of the two existing major parties. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record."
    And after Sandy Hook, he was for stricter gun laws. So what would he do if elected?

18. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Trump was just endorsed for President by the NRA today. We Republicans are minorities here and the sheep and lemmings here will only vote for minorities who give away free crap, not realizing we are out of money now.