California compliant ?

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Alex, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Alex

Alex New Member

I think I know the answer. If a pistol is CA compliant, it just means the pistol comes with a magazine that holds only ten round. The pistol should accept normal capacity magazines.

2. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I thought there was a little more to it than just the magazine capacity. I am almost certain that the models of pistols they allow, also has something to do with the number of safeties and type there of.

3. Alex

Alex New Member

4. Alex

Alex New Member

5. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

I am sure there is some sort of data base, on Cali's gun laws, somewhere on the internet.

6. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

There is a roster of the guns California approves of. Little by little that roster increases with an addition of more guns. Such as Ruger semi-autos. Once they are all sold out there will not be any more Rugers for sale in California. The display cases are starting to display accessories instead of guns. Gun shows are not worth the trip anymore.
    California wants more safeties on the guns. Safeties like magazine lock safety, trigger safety, firing pin safety and the drop safety certification to be updated yearly. Soon it will be all semi-autos won't be sold in Ca.
    Ruger was complying until Ca. requested the drop safety recertification.
    Crazy business but that is what we have to work with.
    Even with the ten round magazine is not enough. We now have to face a ammo registration and limit count. That is what the Democrats have come up with. Governor Gavin Newsom strongly believes that it is the guns that are the cause of the senseless shootings/murders. Therefore the ammo now needs to be restricted.

7. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

ammo regisration huh? so what happens when you shoot your ammo up? do you have to save and turn in your empties? I am kidding.....yet curious

8. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

It's almost like buying a firearm. As long as you are current on their roster for buying a firearm, you should be okay buying ammo.
    If not, you'll need to go through a series of checks. In some cases a birth certificate.

Attached Files:

9. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Here is another article.

Attached Files:

10. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

First California, then it shouldn't be long before this comes to Massachusetts.
    I better get my papers ready!

11. louchia

louchia Member

I wish you did not bring that up. Some knuckle head lawmaker might just think that it's a good idea.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, CA is in the process of eliminating all firearm ownership by the "subjects" (citizens?) that live in CA.
    It's my understanding that any, and every new pistol (anything different like grip color, makes it a "new" gun) has to meet some rediculas micro stamping requirement that does not exist in the real world.
    All they have to do is wait till the gun maker changes a screw, sight, color of the pistol or any other changes so they can claim it is now a "new" gun and does not meet the latest 'requirements'.
    As if that's not crazy enough now you poor folks in CA have equally rediculas restrictions on ammo.
    Like, is it a felony to bring a box of 22LR into CA that you picked up while visiting me in Texas???

mrmike7189 likes this.
  13. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Welp, if you continue to live in California, looks like your gonna have to pick up a new hobby.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  14. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

Yup, sad but very true.
    The micro stamping is to track the gun owner if casings are found near a crime scene. What would happen if the coward of a criminal reloads his own ammo?

15. Magnum.357

Magnum.357 Active Member

I think any "NEW GUN" from 2010 and forward is facing tough restrictions. Including revolvers. I just found out my GP-100 is on the restricted roster. Any Glock from Gen-4 and newer are on the rosters. All Ruger LC-9's and what is left of the LC-380 . All long guns even shotguns have to be registered.
    I bought some ammo from Walmart on Sunday for hunting purposes and had to register my ammo. What would be a 3-5 minute purchase turned into 50-60 minute purchase waiting on approval just to buy bird shot. What's next 10 day waiting period?
    But it's okay to approve of marijuana being sold anywhere and homosexsuals parading around half naked on the streets. Tax payers have to pay more on taxes to help with their free sex chances. Isn't California great? It's like a real stagnant swamp here.

RL Johnson likes this.
  16. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

And now you can’t even buy at Wallyworld. They are going to quit selling most ammo when their stock runs out. SBR and handgun ammo is a big no no. Every time some nut kills someone my rights get stepped on. Without Trump in 2020 were screwed.

17. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

So much for the 2nd being the law of the land. CA wants to be on its own then let CA secede. Build the fence on the US side of CA and tell Peonuslosi to get lost in the crap hole she created.