Bye-bye Indian summer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VThillman, Nov 20, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Two days, that's how long Indian summer lasted.

Cold rain and windy now; snow coming, one of those 'higher elevations first' things. Messy weather through Thanksgiving at least.

Yay.

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep...its over boys.

It was 20 degrees on my front porch this morning,
    We had our first rain Friday night , since Sep 3rd.

We got an inch , with strong winds ...

Well that cleaned off the remaining leaves.

I let a small spike buck live to grow up Sat morning.:)

Jim

3. Donn

Donn Member

Tell me about it. Friday, 70 and sunny. Had the top down on the Vette. Saturday, 30's and snow. Not to worry, it'll warm up again, next April or May.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Yea...chilly here in the Keystone State this morning...38 degrees.

Only going up to 45 by game time...was close to 68 yesterday...

The party's over...get use to it !!

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I actually turned my heater on this morning because the house was around 60 degrees. Not to worry because this is just a cold front that came down and next week we will be back in the 70's. I hope anyway.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

60 degrees IS spring time around here...50 is fall...40 is hunting weather...35 and below IS winter.

My heater doesn't go on until 40 degrees...no matter what !!

You need a blood transfusion Buster... :D

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

We had a wonderful fall season here in Az. It lasted almost a week. Temps were in the 80's to low 90's and now the nightime temps are dropping to high 30's to low 40's. This coming week is going to be rain. Never in the summer time during our so called monsoon season, just in the winter with normally gusty winds. I used to say when I lived in Iowa, if you can live here then you can live anywhere. Well- I might have been off in my thinking. Although I am not going to cry, whimper, ask for a pony or carry a sign that says : NOT MY SEASON!!!! And as far as safe places, the only safe place in the desert is in the middle of the summer when temps hit 115+ - it's safe to say that you are in deep doo doo!

Tommy

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Been procrastinating finishing the outside stuff. A couple nice weekends allowed me to get it all done this late in the year. Leaves taken care of (2x), gutters cleaned out, and made a walk around the trails here to clear limbs and branches out of the way. Lawn mower and snowblower have now switched places and deck furniture is away. Been starting the snowmobiles every couple weeks to keep things fresh in them and will do the same to the bike while it's tucked into it's corner. In 5 months it all gets redone in reverse. LoL :)

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I was hunting in the snow today. Winter is definitely on its way up here........