Buying a RUGER 57 pistol

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Litehiker, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

Joe B., Good luck with Sportsman'sWarehouse. The will notify you BUT ya gotta jump on it instantly, as within minutes of getting the email, or it's gone.

Maybe there's a way you can set your email to sound an audible alarm for a S.W. email.

Eric B.

joeb1 and Joe Benedetto like this.
  2. joeb1

joeb1 New Member

No real hurry. I've got plenty of toys to play with while I wait.
    I've managed to grow a nice collection of toys.
    7 22's, 3 of them take 22MAGS, 25cal Colt Automatic vest pocket, 4 or 5 9mm's, a couple of 40's, a 38, 44mag, 10mm 1911, a 30 cal Universal Enforcer, and a few others plus some long guns. I don't think I'll get bored waiting.

3. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

Joe are you spending your children’s inheritance or just investing it for them?

Joe Benedetto likes this.
  4. Joe Benedetto

Joe Benedetto New Member

Spending it now so they can have fun later.

5. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

GOOD NEWS:
    Today (April 15) I talked to Ruger customer service and the nice lady said Ruger was still producing RUGRE 57 pistols as fast as they could and still maintain high quality.

She also said she and other Ruger employees could not purchase them with their discount until the retail orders had been satisfied. Nice to know Ruger cares about we retail customers.

So since I'm signed up with my credit card with a large company I trust and with whom I've done business before I figure maybe late June will be about the time I see my 57.

6. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

SO, you Ruger 57 buyers, are you also in the market for a RUGER PC carbine in 5.7 x 28?

7. Joe Benedetto

Joe Benedetto New Member

My 57 should be in at Sportsman's Warehouse on Monday. May the 4th be with me. :)

8. Joe Benedetto

Joe Benedetto New Member

20200505_000600.jpg Got it Monday May 4th. Now I just need to wait a little while til I can get to the range.

9. Joe Benedetto

Joe Benedetto New Member

See post 28. Got it.

10. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

Congrats Joe! I'm olive green with envy.

There were "misgivings" by a few Youtube reviewers that the RUGER 57 did not have a firing pin block safety as most other pistols do.

Then one reviewer tested and TESTED (with a primered empty case) the 57 with drop tests, banging with a mallet tests and the pistol did NOT fire the primered empty case.

So I'm now satisfied it as a safe design as-is.

Eric B.

joeb1 and Joe Benedetto like this.
  11. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

HOORAAY! Today I picked up my RUGER 57 at my gun shop. Bought it through Gun Broker from a place in Texas for $650. Not a bad price given the panic buying STILL going on.
    Yeah, it's a "niche gun" that only some want but as I said, it's a companion to my PS90.
    ZOMBIES BEWARE!

I got a plastic holster and an extra mag from Ruger LONG before today and now I can actually use them. Going to the range tomorrow!
    "Even a blind squirrel gets a few acorns."
    Eric B.

12. Joe Benedetto

Joe Benedetto New Member

Congrats. You'll love the way it shoots.

13. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

All you guys with the shiny new 57's suck! No, not really, I'm just jealous. Nice pistols guys! ;)

14. 0311

0311 Member

We are gonna need that range report man! Congratulations on your new pistol.

15. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

I bet lite hiker is the next mass shooter at a Republican rally with his 5.7 weapons!

16. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

I can't wait till RUGER produces the PC Carbine in 5.7 caliber and has an adaptor compatable with 5.7 Ruger Pistol Magazine . I went with the .22 Magnum Kel Tec CMR 30 & the PMR 30 because they of the same caliber and use the same magazines . .22 Magnum & 5.7 have similar ballistics . I think you will soon see a 5.7 PC Carbine from Ruger.
    I can't wait till RUGER produces the PC Carbine in 5.7 caliber and has an adaptor compatable with 5.7 Ruger Pistol Magazine . I went with the .22 Magnum Kel Tec CMR 30 & the PMR 30 because they are the same caliber and use the same magazines . .22 Magnum & 5.7 have similar ballistics . I think you will soon see a 5.7 PC Carbine from Ruger. Congrats on the new Ruger 5.7 Pistol .

17. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

BTW, I had problems finding a double mag pouch for the RUGER 57/FN Five seveN mags so I went to THE VEST GUY and ordered two double mag pouches, one in black and one in Cryw Multicam with QR plastic buckles so I have one go go with each of my anti-white supremacy outfits. ;o)
    I already have two double mag pouches for my 50 round PS90 mags from The Vest Guy and this guy does great work. Made in USA to your specs.
    Eric B.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  18. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Pictures, we need pictures.

rugertoter likes this.
  19. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

SGW, I'll wait 'til the pouches come in mid-October so I can put all the gear in one post.
    I'll include a shot of the PS90 and its two double mag pouches as well.

DAYMN! Zombies will just have to lurch away from this 5.7 duo.
    And if aliens make it through the StarGate they won't have a chance.
    Eric B.

rugertoter and SGW Gunsmith like this.
  20. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Yeah, that's what they all say! ;)