Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used, barely used, New Model Ruger Single Six with 6 and 1/2 inch made in 1975. It came with only the .22lr cylinder. I located and purchased one in the box cylinder but the box states to only use if the number matches with the serial number of the gun. Now what? Some advice would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
27 Posts
I bought a used, barely used, New Model Ruger Single Six with 6 and 1/2 inch made in 1975. It came with only the .22lr cylinder. I located and purchased one in the box cylinder but the box states to only use if the number matches with the serial number of the gun. Now what? Some advice would be great. Thanks!
I don't believe Ruer recommends firing .22 Mag in a gun originally chambered for .22Lr. It works the opposite way due to pressures.

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
27 Posts
I don't believe Ruer recommends firing .22 Mag in a gun originally chambered for .22Lr. It works the opposite way due to pressures.
If it is a "new Model" it will accept and fire the .22WMR. Most cylinders measure 1.62xxx. As to the pressure statement...the .22WMR and the .22lr have the same pressure. Check SAMMI for more information
has anyone purchased a new/used 22 magnum cylinder and installed it in their New model single six 22LR? I contacted Ruger and was told it had to be fitted by them, and they are not offering that service at this time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The cylinder will need to be timed to your Single Six. If Ruger is not offering that service then have a competent gunsmith who is familiar with revolver timing fit it to your gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts