bullseye!

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by VThillman, May 18, 2015.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Finally figured out how to get to a gun store 15 miles away and across the River (in the boonies of New Hampshire). The guy had Bullseye and Unique in stock!

I've been looking for Bullseye ever since taking up reloading again. It's great for plinking loads in .38 Special. The Unique I have no particular use for, but it makes useful loads in every centerfire handgun I own. I'll set it in the back on the shelf, for when a favorite powder runs out - both for me and for the distributors.

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am guessing the guy with the horse drawn raft got you across the river.

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

You mean 'ferry', I think. That was upriver a ways, across the eddy below Sumner's Falls. I think they used oxen. It was before my time, which means it's ancient history.

The place is named Alstead Gun Shop. I'm pretty sure Google knows where it is. He keeps the powder on the top shelf of a rack behind the counter. Pretty good selection of rifle powders, and maybe a dozen or so pistol/shotgun powders. I almost bought a bottle of Universal, but didn't have the $30 he was asking for it.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I would feel ashamed of myself finding some Bullseye powder and not buying enough for the forum. It wouldn't hurt you to send 10lbs. each to you buddies, especially in Az where it's easier to find the Lost Dutchman gold mine than it is to find pistol powder. Seriously? GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Tommy