Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a Cub and Boy scout in my youth. I've been a leader in the BSA for 10 years now, since my now 16 yr. old (almost Eagle) was a Tiger. My 12 yr. old is also in the same Troop. Scouting has been a great part of our lives. So many great times. Over the past few years, I've been concerned with the policy changes that have come down from national, though non of that really bothered me or affected our Troop in any way. Now with the newest policy to allow girls into Cup and Boy Scouts, I just don't know if I want to re-charter as a leader. Besides the camping arrangement logistics, which can be worked out, I just don't like where all this is going. I'm not yet able to assemble all of my various thoughts on this and have read a lot of opinions online over the past 24 hrs which only add to the confusion in by brain. I want to make sure my boys have the opportunity to continue to have good time doing Scout stuff and to earn Eagle if they are driven to do that. The 16 yr. old is set to go to Philmont next summer.
:dunno:
Feel free to express your thoughts.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
You ask for thoughts..

Heres mine,

Now the girls are going to be boy scouts , but are still girls. I assume.

The Boy scouts is/was for boys...I thought.
The Girl Scouts was/is for Girls...I thought.

So now are they going to abolish the Girl scouts? :dunno:

I'm so confused ...:confused:what they gonna do , call them Birl Scouts?

:gaah:

Why are we, in America, even having this conversation.:dunno:

Jim:brickwall:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You ask for thoughts..

Heres mine,

Now the girls are going to be boy scouts , but are still girls. I assume.

The Boy scouts is/was for boys...I thought.

The Girl Scouts was/is for Girls...I thought.

So now are they going to abolish the Girl scouts? :dunno:

I'm so confused ...:confused:what they gonna do , call them Birl Scouts?

:gaah:

Why are we, in America, even having this conversation.:dunno:

Jim:brickwall:

See. That's where I'm at too. It was a good thing. Don't know if it ever will be again. Thanks Jim.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Some day and possibly soon even something as American as apple pie will have to have oranges in it. Take it all down and don't let nothing stand. Who is behind all this and most of all why? This country is being excavated right before our eyes and nothing is being done to stop it. Some said they would use our own Constitution to dismantle this country and they are doing exactly that.

Nobody wants to hear that the fat lady is practicing for her final solo but it sure seems like we are headed for the final curtain. It's hard to deny that when we are seeing it happening. The best way to rob a bank is said by owning the bank. The best way to control anything is performed by getting your man inside where the decisions are made. Yes we can didn't mean we the people.

Trump in a military meeting said we are experiencing the calm before the storm. When asked what he meant by that he didn't answer. WOW If this is the calm then the storm is going to be really bad.

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Yeah, I am aware that I just posted this pic of me recently, but I for one am very embarrassed about this. How are we really going to teach young men how to grow up properly? I was taught many lifelong morals while in the Cub Scouts, but now we will have girls to interrupt us. This is akin to California bathroom rules, where if you feel like a woman, us men can freely enter the girl's bathroom at any time. As said before, some girly guy comes into the bathroom where my daughter is at, and he will come out wearing some lead.

What the hell is going on in this world these days?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I am aware that I just posted this pic of me recently, but I for one am very embarrassed about this. How are we really going to teach young men how to grow up properly? I was taught many lifelong morals while in the Cub Scouts, but now we will have girls to interrupt us. This is akin to California bathroom rules, where if you feel like a woman, us men can freely enter the girl's bathroom at any time. As said before, some girly guy comes into the bathroom where my daughter is at, and he will come out wearing some lead.

What the hell is going on in this world these days?

Thanks buster40c and Havasu for your thoughts. I don't disagree. Here's a pic of my boys after our troop presented a wreath at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington this past summer. What an incredibly moving experience for all involved. I'm very proud to have been part of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My girls were never limited by gender stereotype. They were told they could do anything they wanted to. That didn't mean they could be a boy. It meant that they could pursue any career they chose. My oldestis a professor and the youngest is a second year Surgical Resident in a cardio-thoracic program. Both of these career choices put them in male dominated world. They excel because they are strong women who embrace who they are. They don't pursue life as a man would because in many ways woman are just better. It didn't take boy scouts to make them that way. I learned many life lessons and skills in boy scouts, my girls learned the same in girl scouts. Why do need to change what works. I never would have been able to accomplish much if there were girls around, my brain always turned to mush when there were pretty girls around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t like the direction the Boy Scouts continue to move to. I’ve been a chartered Org Rep, Cub Master, Committee Member and Scout Leader. I will no longer charter. This is a mistake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts