Bought SW40VE

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Wint into the gunshow on Sunday and 2 dealers were bidding on this gun from sone guy in the aisle. Telling him all the while that "you could get one anytime off the internet or sporting goods store for 289.00. Well, they were right, but the bidding only hit 235 and stalled. I walked up with 2 crispy C notes and a 350 and the guy handed it to me.

Had the excuse that I gave my other one to my son to use. So I kinda needed another. Just a boringly reliable SW40VE. This one proved the same way. Just loaded it without claaning, used some 185 gr. flat nose, FMJ Rems. Shot to POA just like all the others I had. It has the 3 dot sights, DA only trigger, stainless slide on poly frame. and much like the Glock 22. Kinda a copy of a Glock from what I understand.

[​IMG]

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Nice guns IMO..congratulations

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Pretty gun,
    worth da money..

Nice grab PV..

Jim

4. Pancho_Villa

Thanks guys. My "Po' man's Glock 22."

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

S&W firearms are very well made...nice score PV !!

6. Pancho_Villa

Yes they are. I have had several of these guns in 9 and 40 cals. All but one were used. They have worked perfectly rigt out of the box. Well, the one new one and all the rest too. Never even cleaned any of hem. Just loaded them and started shooting.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Here's a fav S&W of mine... ( 2nd Gen )

[​IMG]

8. Pancho_Villa

Really nice pistola SHOOTER. Had to sell an original blue 59 when I lost my job. Miss that one alot. Realy mis the Mod 52 Targer Master than had to go too. Just about cried over that one. Well, it didn't hurt too bad cause I got 9 for it.

9. buildit

buildit Goofy Owner

I bought one this spring. Only downside I have found is the brass bulges so it's not good if you are going to reload. :rolleyes: Other than that it's been a great shooter. I think I paid $360 for mine. :( But hey, good guns are priceless right? :D

Oh, and PS I think it's an SD40VE;)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013