Bought, S&W Mod. 10-5 .38 spl.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Sangged this one off a guy that came by my table at a gunshow 2 weeks ago. He had been trying to swap it for a Benelli pump gun or 3 bills cash. It wash't working for his. He was knda tired of carrying it. Just a Plane Jane, 4" pencil barrel, fixed sights, model 10 with some pretty worn Pachy rubber gripper grips on it. Guy had forgotten the original grips. Gun was tight and @ at 95% condition. He was down to 250 on it and settled for 180 so he could go buy his shotgun and pay the diffence himself.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Pancho_Villa

A target fired with the 10-5 at 15 yds. Slow fire, SA. Using the old stanadrd 158 gr. lead RN that is so accurate in most of these guns. Gotta dig up some lead wadcutters to try. Also relieve the forcing cone on the revolver a bit. Tends to make them tighten up the groups on most I have done that way.

[​IMG]

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good shooting PV.

another good snag.

btw, when did you switch from pizza boxes to paper plates? ;)

Jim

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

5. Pancho_Villa

Wife went on a diet so she can do some knee surgeries. That means no pizza. So, Pancho "El Cheapo" had to go to paper plates till she falls off the wagon on the diet.

6. Pancho_Villa

Haven't used any dirty ones.........yet.:D

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Gotta love an older S&W wheel gun...factory nickel plated 3" bull barrel ( most M13's come blued )

[​IMG]

8. Pancho_Villa

Hope to fine one of those too. All I have ever seen are the blue ones. Really scares around here new. Well, all old ones are scrares around here now. I saw a couple of 66's in 4" in san Antonio. The guy that sold me the Makarov had one of them. Owners wanted in the 500 range for them.